Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campness

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

Agreed. I'm straight(ish) - but it's the camp men that do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Man, I can't believe no one's brought up the "Should it be called 'straight-acting'? Is it 'acting'? Why must you judge me?!" debate yet... [/can of worms]

Topic: Meh. I do know guys who play it up because they're not quite comfortable with it and think that campness is necessary for people to accept them as "a gay", but there are just as many (if not more) who are naturally like that. That said, I do ****ing detest people who use campness, or the affectation thereof, as an excuse to be downright rude and twat-like (for evidence of such see: The George, on any given night)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Some people think I am obviously gay and others think I act totally straight. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    What’s especially stupid is that in this post-liberation, post metrosexual, post-everything age, there’s no such thing as “acting straight” or “acting gay.” Gaydar totally doesn’t work anymore. The whole concept is so 1993.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Camp? Hmm. Doesnt' bug me in slightest. As long as someone is being themselves. What DOES bug me though is these butch fellas who look down on us camp fellas! They seem to think they're somehow better because they can act like "real men". It absoutly and completly wrecks my head. I mean it's homophobia in itself. It's such bull****e!

Advertisement