Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Putting cars for sale on auto trader etc

Options
  • 08-11-2007 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

How long does it normally take to sell an average car at an average price. I want to get rid of my car soon but I need it until just before Christmas.

Should I put it up on the auto trader now or should I wait a few more weeks?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A private sale will never get an average price. Discount it by 10%. Put it up now btw.

p.s. It's a bad time to sell too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Ok, well discarding the price, why is it a bad time to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

why is it a bad time to sell?

Its just before Christmas.. plus the market has been really slow for the last few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Bucks is right. Things have been very slow and Christmas is a time for bargain hunters.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Forecourts are full of used cars.

Alot of people are busy with preparing for Christmas rather than looking at used cars.

Lots of people now choosing to sell their cars privately so any buyers out there can afford to be fussy.

It's a buyer's market at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement