Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Pack 2- whats the big deal?

• 08-11-2007 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey all. Tried to install Reason 4 last night and it wont without service pack 2. Now i tried to upgrade to SP2 a while ago to run pro-tools 6.4 and that cs9 file thing but was having a few various problems so i rolled back to basic XP with Pro-Tools 6.1 and never get any grief. I desperatly want to run Reason 4 but how do i get a succesful install without running SP2? Any idears?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Is there any way your PT installation could be updated successfully? It might be worth having a crack at installing 6.4cs9 again, especially if Digidesign have updated it in the meantime. Running SP2 is highly advisable for the general health and well-being of your machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Saccadianjay

In what order. Obviously i uninstall PT 6.1 and run SP2. Do i then install the cs9 file before or after the new installation of PT 6.4? Cheers for the help by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

In what order. Obviously i uninstall PT 6.1 and run SP2. Do i then install the cs9 file before or after the new installation of PT 6.4? Cheers for the help by the way.

I don't have personal experience with this to be honest. I just know that its advisable to keep your installation of XP as up-to-date as possible for security and compatibility reasons.

There seems to be some good advice here but I can't vouch for it personally: http://archive.digidesign.com/download/cs/64cs9/lewin/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Shouldn't matter about being up to date if the machine is not on the net, not publicly accessible and has only reputable software installed. I started a thread in the Windows forum about an older machine I reinstalled for speed issues. It was lightning fast right after the install, but after windows update had pummelled it for a few hours it was crawling again.

Advertisement