Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any suggestions?

Options
  • 08-11-2007 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Have 1997 blue Fiesta, NI reg. First car - since new - but moved down here (just outside Dublin) a good while ago, didn't bother re-registering etc and now want to just get rid of (particularly my missus wants it gone - yesterday). Its not a bad motor - gone around the clock, but bearings had went on engine when 84k on clock and got it replaced with an engine that had done only 30k or so from a write-off. Drives fine (although battery will be very low as it hasn't gone anywhere in a while). What is quickest way anyone can suggest to get rid of the car (and I don't mean dumping on M50)? Flog off for a couple 100 euro online? Breakers yard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Why dont you spend a bit on it, VRT, NCT and flog it for a few quid more. VRT shouldnt be any more than 300 - 350.

X.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭weebelly

Don't have the time, to be honest. VRTs about E330 or so.
    Oh, and am crap with cars.

Well, maybe 50 quid to a scrap yard might be the best you can hope for.

Cheers Xabi - thats kinda what I thought would be the main option.

YOu could try trading it in against a newer car, if you need a new car that is.

• Advertisement

We don't need a new car - but we need the space in the driveway. That, and the wife will kill me if I don't get rid of it - she's not too enamoured with it clogging up the driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

www.adverts.ie
    see if you get any offers, couldnt hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Stick it up on www.adverts.ie. Somebody is bound to want it.

A scrap yard will most probably charge you for taking it.

Advertisement