Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halifax Credit Card - Free Money

• 08-11-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭

so if you switch from your existing CC thats €100 for nothing, or if you take it as an additional card its still €60 net of the card tax. No catch afaics.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Snarler

I've just applied for one there.
    I'm with AIB so how does the credit card work in replacing my old one? Would I still be able to online bank with my card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 learoy

im also thinking of signing up withe them aswell, u need to get AIB to sign a form saying you have already paid stamp duty for the year. i think the banks will sort everything else.
    i am a big user of online banking, i read somewhere that you need a current account with halifax before can use there online facility.
    is there any way of using there on line banking with just a credit card with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'll never have another chance to post a clip from 'Undeclared' so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Snarler

i just had a readup on Halfiax's site. It seems you can just do a bill pay transfer from AIB online into the credit card account but I don't think you will be able to see purchase details from AIB, only from paper statements and maybe an online Halifax statement. Still sounds great to me and its also got a 9.5% APR which is 10% less than AIB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

How much is the balance transfer fee?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I applied for a Halifax Credit card a while back but didnt bother finishing it .
    They were looking for an insane amount of information including bank details for the previous 3 months ,household income etc.
    Too much information for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I applied for a Halifax Credit card a while back but didnt bother finishing it .
    They were looking for an insane amount of information including bank details for the previous 3 months ,household income etc.

Same as me, thats why i hate halifax.
    But to switvh do you need to fill in the form again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'll take them taking extra measures and being careful about giving out credit to what we have now, rip-off banks that charge us an arm and a leg to use our cash.

Advertisement