Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica - Acoustic Show - Bridge School Benefit

• 08-11-2007 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Mountain View, CA Date: Oct 27, 2007 Venue: Bridge School Benefit Other Artists: Setlist: I Just Want To Celebrate (Rare Earth)
    Please Don't Judas Me (Nazareth)
    Only Happy When It Rains (Garbage)
    Brothers In Arms (Dire Straits)
    Disposable Heroes
    All Within My Hands
    Turn The Page
    Nothing Else Matters

Has anyone else heard this? If so what do people think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Thought it was very Interesting, wasn't expecting so many covers at the show....
    Heard both nights.

Loved the Garbage cover, and thought that 'All Within My Hands' was much better Acoustic than on St Anger.

Didnt really like Disposable Heroes. Thought it was pretty much Muck, sounded all over the place and just didnt work!!

All in all, I thought it was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That sounds cool, must scan youtube now.

If ya look on scarletmist.com, theres plenty of tickets available for Metallica playing various venues in England in February. Are these true, or just some people trying to catch people out? Not that I'd go, just curious really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭fluke

slayerking wrote: »
    Thought it was very Interesting, wasn't expecting so many covers at the show....
    Heard both nights.

Loved the Garbage cover, and thought that 'All Within My Hands' was much better Acoustic than on St Anger.

Didnt really like Disposable Heroes. Thought it was pretty much Muck, sounded all over the place and just didnt work!!

All in all, I thought it was pretty good.

so far i like the garbage cover, not sure about the others! well ... all within IS marginally better, it comes from a pile of piss album though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

fluke wrote: »
    so far i like the garbage cover, not sure about the others! well ... all within IS marginally better, it comes from a pile of piss album though

Only Happy...........sounds really good. Nothing Else Matters sounds better acoustic than on the album.

I think Metallica are the only band that has the b***s to try something completely different, and get away with it!!!!

Mushy wrote: »
    That sounds cool, must scan youtube now.

If ya look on scarletmist.com, theres plenty of tickets available for Metallica playing various venues in England in February. Are these true, or just some people trying to catch people out? Not that I'd go, just curious really.

I couldn't find any tickets for Metallica gigs in Feb next year??? Plenty for lots of other bands beginning with M, but not Metallica????
    :rolleyes:

EDIT: I found em. If those dates are real, I wonder if they're coming to Ireland this time round??? Where will they play seeing that the Point is out of action?? Probably outdoors @ RDS again......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I heard the cover of Brothers in Arms, its on their myspace page. Its quite good.

I couldn't find any tickets for Metallica gigs in Feb next year??? Plenty for lots of other bands beginning with M, but not Metallica????
    :rolleyes:

EDIT: I found em. If those dates are real, I wonder if they're coming to Ireland this time round??? Where will they play seeing that the Point is out of action?? Probably outdoors @ RDS again......?

They wouldnt do outdoors in February, it'd be too cold. If those dates are real, I doubt they'll come over here then, prob during the summer though, or else play the indoor venue, which we all hope doesnt happen.

Mushy wrote: »
    They wouldnt do outdoors in February, it'd be too cold. If those dates are real, I doubt they'll come over here then, prob during the summer though, or else play the indoor venue, which we all hope doesnt happen.

What indoor venue are you talking about?? Not the bloody RDS seriously??? They would have to do a week's gigs in there to satisfy demand.

What indoor venue are you talking about?? Not the bloody RDS seriously??? They would have to do a week's gigs in there to satisfy demand.

Its just they wouldnt do outdoors in February. Outdoor gigs start in May, ending with maybe October, but that can be exceptional, normally September. Indoor at RDS is the biggest indoor venue now...actually, how big is the National Stadium? Should just do a small gig, a few times over. It'd be much better. No matter where they play indoors over here, they'd have to do multiple shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

GBX wrote: »
    I heard the cover of Brothers in Arms, its on their myspace page. Its quite good.

Yes its excellent, and I think this is the way to go as far as Metallica is concerned, none of this St Anger rubbish or immitating an album from 1991, this is specifically what I want to see....forward thinking!

• Advertisement
Advertisement