Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V Brazil

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Of course Duff was getting criticised for the last year he was playing for Ireland. How people can describe him as a "workhorse" during this time is beyond me. He was below his best and in my opinion should have been dropped to give him the wake up call he needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I don't think Duff played. You're probably thinking of Portugal. The Duff v Ronaldo show.

you mean the night duff intentionally tried to injure Ronaldo by raking the back of his ankle tendons as Ronaldo got away from him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

BOHS wrote: »
    Of course Duff was getting criticised for the last year he was playing for Ireland. How people can describe him as a "workhorse" during this time is beyond me. He was below his best and in my opinion should have been dropped to give him the wake up call he needed.
    Of course he's a work horse. He doesn't stop working his arse off for Ireland. Always gives his all. While he has been below par that's hardly his fault, it's not by choice. This campaign he played very well against Czech Republic, Slovakia and Wales. He set up both our goals in Cyprus and the goal against Czechs, as well as a last minute sitter for Keane. In the WC2006 campaign he set up 6 of our 12 goals. He was by far and away our best player in the Euro 2004 campaign. In between that he had excellent games in friendlies against Italy, Norway, Portugal, Croatia, Sweden, Canada and Bulgaria.

All of this after the world cup and people say he hasn't done it for Ireland since the world cup. Only Shay Given has been more influential since then imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

All of this after the world cup and people say he hasn't done it for Ireland since the world cup. Only Shay Given has been more influential since then imo.

Well along with Duune obviously ;)

Brazil squad:

Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Renan (Internacional)

Maicon (Inter Milan), Rafinha (Schalke), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Lucio (Bayern Munich), Breno (Bayern Munich), Luisao (Benfica), Alex (Chelsea)

Kaka (AC Milan), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Josue (Wolfsburg), Lucas (Liverpool), Richarlyson (Sao Paulo), Anderson (Man Utd), Thiago Neves (Fluminense), Julio Baptista (Real Madrid)

Robinho (Real Madrid), Luis Fabiano (Real Madrid), Rafael Sobis (Betis), Alexandre Pato (AC Milan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Decent squad alright. No Ronny, Diego or Elano though. Be great to see Pato get a good run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'm suprised the Corinthians goalkeeper is not there. They got relegated last season, but apparently this guy is so good. I think his name is Bruno, they also have another class keeper who will be battling it out for number one spot in 2014; but I guess with Julio Sergio they don't need them at this time, but why the hell is Doni not in the squad, and no Mancini or Cicinho is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Probably because Doni is a crap keeper and the fact that they're only playing Ireland obviously means a weekened experimental Brazil, hence Pato's inclusion. After all Ireland aren't a good team anymore so Brazil could probably beat us with 10 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wouldn't mind seeing this game. Would it be possible to still get tickets for this match?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Probably because Doni is a crap keeper and the fact that they're only playing Ireland obviously means a weekened experimental Brazil, hence Pato's inclusion. After all Ireland aren't a good team anymore so Brazil could probably beat us with 10 men

Doni a 'crap' keeper? Hhahahahhaha, that made me laugh.

They hardly ever play Ronaldinho in matches like this, and some times even name weaker squads(against Russia being an example)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

From www.breakingnews.ie

Explains some of the omissions....

Youngsters Lucas Leiva and Anderson have been named in a youthful Brazil squad to face the Republic of Ireland in Dublin next month.

Brazil coach Dunga named 11 players under the age of 23 in his 22-man squad announced today, with one eye on the Olympic Games in Beijing later this year, including Liverpool’s Lucas and Manchester United midfielder Anderson.

Alexandre Pato, 18, who scored on his AC Milan debut earlier this month, has been handed a first call-up to the senior squad, as has Sao Paulo midfielder Richarlyson.

“I named players of Olympic age before,” said Dunga. “It’s important for them to gain experience in the national team environment.

“The upcoming games will be useful to keep watching the men who can play in Beijing.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Anderson and Lucas will probably be Brazils long term centre midfield.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    After all Ireland aren't a good team anymore
    I wish people would realise the influence a manager has on a team. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Brazil squad:

Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Renan (Internacional)

Maicon (Inter Milan), Rafinha (Schalke), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Lucio (Bayern Munich), Breno (Bayern Munich), Luisao (Benfica), Alex (Chelsea)

Kaka (AC Milan), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Josue (Wolfsburg), Lucas (Liverpool), Richarlyson (Sao Paulo), Anderson (Man Utd), Thiago Neves (Fluminense), Julio Baptista (Real Madrid)

Robinho (Real Madrid), Luis Fabiano (Real Madrid), Rafael Sobis (Betis), Alexandre Pato (AC Milan)

Why no Ronaldinho ? I was quite looking forward to seeing the strange sight of Ronaldinho running round croke park .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

still some big names, the likes of Kaka, Pato and Anderson will make it a big spectable. anyway, dont really care, we will be there to support ireland. wont we lads?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

i saw Brazil play in stockholm last yr, they're a bit special allright

Advertisement