Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Spa in Cork

Options
  • 08-11-2007 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hello...

Looking for suggestions for the best day spa in Cork? I'm prepared to drive reasonable distance to find somewhere good. I am staying in Kinsale anyway so it won't make much difference.

I've been to the Radisson in Galway, and am looking for something similar to that. As far as I can tell, the Radisson in Cork doesn't have the full 'thermal suite' like Galway.

So, spas around Cork with good thermal suite? All suggestions most appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The only spa I know in Cork is Dahamsta, not sure if he has a Thermal suite though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Dammit, beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I believe the 'Escape' spa at the Imperial Hotel in Cork City is supposed to be top notch, but be prepared, the prices are also top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Seeing as though you're staying in Kinsale the new Carlton Hotel (Kinsale) has a Spa - check out their website - www.carlton.ie (aaaah, for a day of pampering - or just not having to work............. enjoy!). J

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ned78 wrote: »
    not sure if he has a Thermal suite though!

Only after a few pints and a can of curry beans

• Advertisement

Bastard Ryan, you're a bastard. I'd kill for curry anything at this hour of the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'd kill for a packet of cream crackers. This diet is driving me demented. :)

if it makes any difference... I just had a lovely curry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

oh well

oh well what? You got your answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

When I saw this thread title, it took me right back to national school and to the memory of a boy who was a year older than me and called everyone a spa. :D Ah the memories.

The Radisson in Little Island is lovely with a semi-thermal suite in the regular pool. Dunno if it has a more private one like the Radisson in Sligo does. I stayed in Little Island last Easter and it was very nice.

The Capella Hotel has just opened near Castlemartyr and they have a spa. Haven't heard anything about it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

You should go to Inchydoney just outside Clonakility. It's won "Ireland’s Leading Resort Spa 2006"

http://www.inchydoneyisland.com/index2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pitstop

The Escape spa is a waste of money!!! Try AquaSpa in Douglas and Bishopstown - or Maryborough is GORGEOUS!! (one of the best...). I am a bit of a spa expert and cannot believe the Escape - it has the worst therapists ever!!

Pitsy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

pitstop wrote: »
    The Escape spa is a waste of money!!! Try AquaSpa in Douglas and Bishopstown - or Maryborough is GORGEOUS!! (one of the best...). I am a bit of a spa expert and cannot believe the Escape - it has the worst therapists ever!!

Pitsy

interesting about Escape Spa! And they charge a fortune you would expect top therapists working but it must all be based on fancy schmancy advertising and nothing else.

This reminds me of a marketing excercise employed by MINI UK. They wanted to launch a valeting service called the MINI Spa. The fliers they gave us to send out in a mail shot extolled the virtues of the 'Partial Spa', and the 'Complete Spa'. Midst giggles, we told them that their marketing probably wouldn't work over this side of the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

interesting about Escape Spa! And they charge a fortune you would expect top therapists working but it must all be based on fancy schmancy advertising and nothing else.

I have a voucher for Escape that I need to use soon (because my mother will kill me if I don't!). I was thinking of just getting a facial, so it should be ok, right? I'm a bit worried now that it's going to be crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pitstop

It's fine but not worth the money - so if u have a voucher u will probably come out relaxed and wondering whether u got your money's worth - just go in with LOW expectations and u'll be grand!! Interestingly, when u book, they ask if you have a voucher - so once I lied and said NO to see if the service improved - it didn't....

pitsy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

what about the one at the Oriel House hotel Ballincollig http://www.orielhousehotel.ie/spa.html?id=9 or Kingsley Cork? http://www.kingsleyhotel.com/?id=3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I believe the 'Escape' spa at the Imperial Hotel in Cork City is supposed to be top notch, but be prepared, the prices are also top notch!

I'll second that one, spa in there is really nice!!

fruitbat wrote: »
    what about the one at the Oriel House hotel Ballincollig http://www.orielhousehotel.ie/spa.html?id=9 or Kingsley Cork? http://www.kingsleyhotel.com/?id=3

Definitely wouldnt recommend the spa in the Oriel, its tiny with no showers or pool access...had a massage there a few months ago, wasnt great...

Inchydoney would be handy enough to get to from Kinsale, massages are excellent down there, go for the "Muscle Melt" :)

• Advertisement

Is the entrance to escape in the hotel or is there a separate entrance?

Is the entrance to escape in the hotel or is there a separate entrance?

Its down in the basement of the hotel, Im nearly sure the only way in is by going in to the hotel and getting the lift or stairs down...

Its relatively new (about 1 year old)

Its down in the basement of the hotel, Im nearly sure the only way in is by going in to the hotel and getting the lift or stairs down...

Its relatively new (about 1 year old)

Ya, I got my voucher last Christmas so it's been there since then anyway! Haven't managed to use the voucher yet, but I will soon. I'm curious now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 oh

Hi - I've been to Escape spa twice and have had really positive experiences there. the pool bit with the wavey massage bits and stuff is worth it alone. I know I did some price research about a month ago when a pregnant friend was coming down to Cork and found the prices pretty comparable esp with the one in Ballincollig and Maryborough. You have the advantage then of being in town for shopping but we were too spaced so went for a big long lunch instead.

I'm not from Cork or have any tie in to the industry so am pretty unbiased I think.

Inchedoney is amazing I'd say - sent my mother in law there for her Christmas/Birthday present and she still hasn't stopped talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

i second the incydoney island spa, was there myself recently, savage cabbage!

Advertisement