Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spot Problem

• 08-11-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I've a massive under the skin spot (ie no head on it) under my left eye.
    Its quite sore to touch and its been there about a week now and doesnt seem to be going anywhere. Whats the best way of trying to get rid of it?
    I've tried washing it thoroughly and keeping it clean. Driving me crazy cause its very noticeable

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I've suffered from bad skin since I was about 16, most of the spots are gone now coz I went on medication to get rid of them, however every now and again I'll get a massive one, just like the one you described, I actually have one on my left cheek right now...you don't even wanna know how I get rid of them though...I'm sure other people have better suggestions then eh, 'creating' a pore to get rid of all the gunk inside it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Susipoo

I got a great gel that speeds up the development of a spot - it's by roc and it's called elubiol g. I've had the same tube for years so it's a good investment (it was about £6 when I bought it). Well worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

Cheers thanks very much for the advice!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I get spot outbreaks the odd time and I use Hydrochortisone cream, it's a topical steroid.. it says on the tube not to use it on the face but I do anyway and it always clears them up, I've been using it for years and have had no bad side effects, it's only about €3.50 a tube, you get it in any pharmacy.. I first started using it about 4 years ago, I had a huge outbreak on my chin about 3 days before I was to be bridesmaid at my sisters wedding and someone gave me some to use and I couldn't believe how fast it worked.. Good luck anyway whatever you choose to use..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Speedway wrote: »
    I've a massive under the skin spot (ie no head on it) under my left eye.
    Its quite sore to touch and its been there about a week now and doesnt seem to be going anywhere. Whats the best way of trying to get rid of it?
    I've tried washing it thoroughly and keeping it clean. Driving me crazy cause its very noticeable

Had this myself. Still hasn't gone down totally. Nothing I tried was any use.
    Extremely annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Bethany

Hydrocortisone cream used inappropriately causes thinning of the skin leading to broken blood vessels .That is why you are not meant to put in on facial skin in an ad hoc fashion!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Sudocrem is the best ever for spots - dab it on it'll be gone in a few days, trust me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

eamon234 wrote: »
    Sudocrem is the best ever for spots - dab it on it'll be gone in a few days, trust me!

toothpaste overnight ftw!

If its what I'm imaging its not a normal spot and all those traditional quick fixes don't work.

Does it look like a boil, because if it is they are bloody impossible to bring a head to!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Sudocream or Savlon mixed with crushed Aspirin - topically on the area. Seems to dry things like that out. Put it on at night before bed. Try to just use the cream sparingly just to get the aspirin to stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

i bought some Hydrocortisone cream to try on it,read the packet and it said dont use on face unless suggested by doctor. Don't think toothpaste or anything like that will work cause there's no head on it.very painful to the touch.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Bethany wrote: »
    Hydrocortisone cream used inappropriately causes thinning of the skin leading to broken blood vessels .That is why you are not meant to put in on facial skin in an ad hoc fashion!!!

Oh :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,653 ✭✭✭✭fits

I wonder would a cold teabag, or a wet dressing of some sort bring it to the surface... (dont laugh but we use wet dressings to draw infections to the surface in horses)

It sounds horribly uncomfortable... hope you find a resolution soon.

Speedway wrote: »
    i bought some Hydrocortisone cream to try on it,read the packet and it said dont use on face unless suggested by doctor. Don't think toothpaste or anything like that will work cause there's no head on it.very painful to the touch.

I know wxactly the tye of thing you're talking about.

You're dead right about toothpaste and stuff not working, without trying to be too gross I've just stuck a needle into those type before to make a head on it and then alternated a really hot and cold compress on it to draw anything left out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

If there's no head on it sounds more like a cyst. i have cystic acne, started off as this big red lump under my eye. I get them all the time, mine eventually just ooze/burst by themself (or i might sometimes pick at them... ooops!! so hard to fight the temptation)

try some Tea Tree essential oil to encourage a head to come up. Not too much as it can be quite harsh on the skin.

If there's no head on it sounds more like a cyst. i have cystic acne, started off as this big red lump under my eye. I get them all the time, mine eventually just ooze/burst by themself (or i might sometimes pick at them... ooops!! so hard to fight the temptation)

try some Tea Tree essential oil to encourage a head to come up. Not too much as it can be quite harsh on the skin.

were you diagonosed by a doctor with that?? I've been loads of times about mine and like I said the medication that I have keeps the baby 'normal' spots at bay but they've never said it was anything other than normal acne with a few very deep ones every now and again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I find Vichy Anti Imperfection Concentrate is very good for those under the skin bump kind of spots. Put it on at night and while it may not be 100% gone the next morning usually the spot will be alot better. I think it's around E14 for a small tube which is expensive but it's worth it.

Advertisement