Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

whats the current value of my car?

Options
  • 08-11-2007 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

howdy am considering changing my car in Jan 08, can anyone give me an indication of what it will be worth then?

my car
    registered mid 07.
    2007 accord type S auto 2.0
    14,000km on clock, mint condition.
    1 owner from new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bored of the Accord already. :D

About €4.5k or €5k less than what it cost new, my guess.

Doesn't matter whether it is start, mid or end of 07 when you bought it, a garage will see it as a 1 year old car come January. Your going to loose alot trading a car that new I'm afraid.

Better off keeping it for another year and at least get the use out of it before taking a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say a Honda dealer would be looking for around 7-8k for the year. you'll lose more if you go outside Honda network.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'd say Colm is closer to the money. I was against a Honda dealer recently looking to bring an accord up 2 years, and he was looking close to 17k for the 2 years change.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Major league depreciation on a Jap car? However would have thunk it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

bazz26 wrote: »
    Bored of the Accord already. :D

About €4.5k or €5k less than what it cost new, my guess.

Doesn't matter whether it is start, mid or end of 07 when you bought it, a garage will see it as a 1 year old car come January. Your going to loose alot trading a car that new I'm afraid.

Better off keeping it for another year and at least get the use out of it before taking a hit.
    not bored of it just interested in the is220D
    am lexus dealer is offering 30k against an is220d new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

what_car wrote: »
    am lexus dealer is offering 30k against an is220d new
    What's the new list price of the Honda? What's the available cash discount on the Honda? And on the Lexus?

Anan1 wrote: »
    What's the new list price of the Honda? What's the available cash discount on the Honda? And on the Lexus?

retail on honda is €38250

retail is220d is €46,250

normal disc is round 1500

That's an €8,250 drop on the Accord, ie more than €1,000/month. Are you sure the cash discount on the Lexus is only €1,500 - I would have expected more?

That's an €8,250 drop on the Accord, ie more than €1,000/month. Are you sure the cash discount on the Lexus is only €1,500 - I would have expected more?

ok heres the info rang a dealer

standard is220 with met

retail €46300

cash disc €2300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Snarler

So e16,000 to uprgrade from a 5-6 month old Accord to a Lexus IS220? Thats crazy money.

• Advertisement

what_car wrote: »
    ok heres the info rang a dealer

standard is220 with met

retail €46300

cash disc €2300
    = a drop of €9,000 on the Accord. How many months do you have it?

= a drop of €9,000 on the Accord. How many months do you have it?

5 months

me thinks ill hold on to it for a bit longer:rolleyes:
    its a bit savage cost alright

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The depreciation in the 1st few months (in fact the 1st few minutes!) is horrendous on any new car... You'd be better off holding off for at least another 12 months alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My uncle is trading his metalic black 07 Passat for a 08 metalic silver Passat because black is too hard to keep.

It's costing him €3,750 to change colour and number plate. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Aye, would agree - hold onto the Honda, this has gone to your head! According (no pun intended!) to eircom.net motoring, the Honda Accord retains 43% of it's value after 3 years, which is better than most. If I were you, I'd keep the Honda for another 2 years before even thinking of changing. But then - maybe you've more money than sense!

Advertisement