Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

k800i....€139

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Wow, that is mad cheap, and i'm in desperate need of an upgrade, it is on vodafone though...
    It looks like it's correct there's loads of phones that are really cheap, 6300 for 119!
    Let's hope that meteor reduce their prices too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

It looks like its real.Thats really cheap.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

An error has occurred in trying to process your request, please try again later . We apologise for any inconvenience.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Go to prepaid phones on the left hand side and scroll down. It is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Here it is - is this phone easy to get unlocked??

• Advertisement

eamon234 wrote: »
    Here it is - is this phone easy to get unlocked??

Yes should be max 10 euro in town.Only problem is its going to be branded on cover and software

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

how much would an unlocking + debranding be around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's €149 in the shops too, seen it today. Dam that's a massive price drop! O2 are charging €249 on prepay I believe and that's only dropped from €299 recently.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    how much would an unlocking + debranding be around?

around 20 but if you dont want vodafone branding on cover it will need to be changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

think i might get this phone as its so cheap and change back to vodafone from meteor for a while anyways.
    how big a step up is it from the k750i?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭coillcam

I got a call from a vodafone sales rep, to see would I switch over to vodafone bill pay as I am w/ meteor prepay currently, he offered me the k800i for just 8 euros :eek: , or the N70 or 6300 free of charge to switch over. He left his details if anyone wants them..... No interest here as I'd only spend like 20 quid on credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Druid

seems the online shop it "out of stock"

wonder if they will be back in stock soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

The reason it's cheap is they have loads of stock and it's a 2 year old phone with about 3 newer models replacing it (k770i, k810i, k850i). If the price suits and you like the phone buy it, but it will only get cheaper. The operators in the UK have loads of them in stock and need to offload them, before people stop thinking about buying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

coillcam wrote: »
    I got a call from a vodafone sales rep, to see would I switch over to vodafone bill pay as I am w/ meteor prepay currently, he offered me the k800i for just 8 euros :eek: , or the N70 or 6300 free of charge to switch over. He left his details if anyone wants them..... No interest here as I'd only spend like 20 quid on credit.

Did he just call you up out of the blue or have you been in contact with them before? Seems a bit cheeky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

If I rang that rep and just pretended to be on Meteor saying that I was contacted with that offer do you reckon I could just blag and say I now want to go onto Vodafone prepay (which I currently am on)....Worth a punt for that saving I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ivoryhunter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i read somewhere that o2 phones (sometimes) are not locked?

And that they don't do too much rebranding on the phone or the firmware?

is that true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

no branding afaik

they are locked though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

so its 129€ on O2, is that online price?

how much are they in the O2 shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

so its 129€ on O2, is that online price?

how much are they in the O2 shops?

You can only get the K800i bill pay in the shops AFAIK. I tried before a few months ago.

The only O2 branding is the software which can be flashed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can only get the K800i bill pay in the shops AFAIK. I tried before a few months ago.

The only O2 branding is the software which can be flashed.
    The k800i is on prepay in the shops too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just got quoted €60 to get it unlocked - seems high to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Has anyone sucessfully unlocked a SE K800i with CID 52 security locking on it?

Has anyone sucessfully unlocked a SE K800i with CID 52 security locking on it?

This guy can do it phone expo.ie

He's based in tallaght

sorry for a stupid question but what is the advantage of debranding the k800?
    I can see that unlocking is a good idea but im kinda lost to see why debranding is useful.

TIA

My ma and da are with vodafone for years, if i bought the k800i and got my da to ring vodafone saying its his phone and he wants it unlocked, will they unlock it?

Druid wrote: »
    sorry for a stupid question but what is the advantage of debranding the k800?
    I can see that unlocking is a good idea but im kinda lost to see why debranding is useful.

TIA

Its not except it makes more space on the phone

ah right, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement