Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

k800i....€139

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

My ma and da are with vodafone for years, if i bought the k800i and got my da to ring vodafone saying its his phone and he wants it unlocked, will they unlock it?

site doesn't work..be easier if there was anyone in the city centre.. anyone on Moore street?
    My ma and da are with vodafone for years, if i bought the k800i and got my da to ring vodafone saying its his phone and he wants it unlocked, will they unlock it?

I'm not sure myself, but I could do the same so i'm interested to hear if its possible..

so <<bump>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

The start up and close down screens can be changed in the phone anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

ashleey wrote: »
    The reason it's cheap is they have loads of stock and it's a 2 year old phone with about 3 newer models replacing it (k770i, k810i, k850i). If the price suits and you like the phone buy it, but it will only get cheaper. The operators in the UK have loads of them in stock and need to offload them, before people stop thinking about buying them.

nope-it was only released here tis time last year-not TWO years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

JæKæ wrote: »
    nope-it was only released here tis time last year-not TWO years ago

Actually it was end of july on the three network if i recall correctly with the other networks following suit in august/sept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

site doesn't work..be easier if there was anyone in the city centre.. anyone on Moore street?

I'm not sure myself, but I could do the same so i'm interested to hear if its possible..

so <<bump>>

boards has it on the filter, its

phone expo.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

If you want generic Sony Ericsson firmware i suggest debranding using wotan server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Go to Menu>Settings>Display>Start Up Screen and set to none, or whatever you want it to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Vodafone's reduced their price to 129 too.

• Advertisement

Seeing as both O2 and Vodafone are asking €129 now for the K800i.. does either one have anything over the other in anyway?

Less branding on the O2 one...

Less money needs to be spent on top ups to get the "free" credit from Vodafone (20 for O2 versus 10 euro for Vodafone)...

O2's webtext is international though...

...meh I use Meteor so I can't be accused of bias :p

Thirdfox wrote: »

what kinda of branding does the vodafone one have? something like a big red vodafone logo in the middle or just more vodafone live stuff on the phone?

..its next day delivery off vodafone.ie so i'm considering them at the moment

Well I don't know if it has changed since I've last used them but all of their phones have this horrible (imo) red and white menus, with their custom Vodafone icons... That really bugged me when I bought their phones.

yeah i remember that on an old phone i had..think ill go with the 02 phone then.. gonna be unlocking for meteor either way..

gonna have to pay 30e for that priviledge :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hgf

where can i get the w800i unlocked for 30Euro? is it the place in town? want to buy phone for boyf for xmas but he mite wana stay with meteor. was going to purchase with vodafone. bit unsure bout purchasing and being left with a phone i cant get unlocked!!!
    ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Thirdfox wrote: »

Less money needs to be spent on top ups to get the "free" credit from Vodafone (20 for O2 versus 10 euro for Vodafone)...

Vodafone give €10 per month whether you top up or not

hgf wrote: »
    where can i get the w800i unlocked for 30Euro? is it the place in town? want to buy phone for boyf for xmas but he mite wana stay with meteor. was going to purchase with vodafone. bit unsure bout purchasing and being left with a phone i cant get unlocked!!!
    ta

a guy around here mentioned "phon expo".. based in Tallaght.. try search for it on google.ie

i'm sure theres other places in town that could do it too.. haven't been able to check yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Vodafone give €10 per month whether you top up or not
    No they do not. They changed it with the latest offers
    http://www.vodafone.ie/offers/prepay/freecredit/
    You will receive your FREE credit within 24 hours of registering. After initial registration, you must top up by €10 or more in one go every 30 days to receive each of your €10 FREE Registration credits. You can only register one phone every 30 days. On upgrading, any existing registration credit will be replaced with your new registration credit.
    It should make no odds, €20 top up is required every 30 days to receive the Free Weekends/Free Texts offer anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I just ordered this phone and clicked on how to register for free credit where i was shown this: http://www.vodafone.ie/offers/prepay/freecredit/ saying that you get €80 free credit for phones worth more than €100 which is a bit different to this: https://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=21070 where it says you get €100.

Anyone shed any light on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

its a superb price for a amazing phone. relly is that good.
    it's 139 in carphone warehouse. Bought my own one last year for 350 in vodafone :mad:
    Thing is, mine is broken at the moment it has WSOD (White Screen of Death)
    Phone has been sent to uk TWICE and still not repaired. still under warranty

Looking for a digital camera/phone ? dont go any further than this, although the updated version (K850i) now has a 5 megapixel camera and the whole userface has been re-modeled. it's user-face is now the ps3's one

overall, for 139, you cannot go wrong
    hope this helped

Advertisement