Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Watch - BBC

Options
  • 08-11-2007 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Anyone been watching Autumn watch on BBC2 nightly at 8pm???

Very good. Have to say i love the reports on the deer up in scotland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Its great - Wonder if bill oddie fancies yer one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I do but NOT him so frankly I can't watch.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

I can't stand Bill Oddie, what a little p***k, he ruins a fantastic programme, keeps belittling that poor woman presenter to make himself look better. That stunt with the ladders and the leaves the other night - are we all 10 years old ? What was that about, mind you have to blame the producers for that I guess. Simon King is brilliant, why can't it just be him presenting and lots of shots of wildlife?

That nature programme with Alan Titmarsh on the BBC on Sky is turning out OK, he is very informative and non-intrusive. Keep expecting to see a spade in his hand thats the only trouble lol.

By the way has Bill's hair changed or is it me? I thought it looked ginger and bit "wiggish"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

IBy the way has Bill's hair changed or is it me? I thought it looked ginger and bit "wiggish"
    I think he's pretending to be an autumnal tree :) No, seriously, there was something on one of the episodes this week about it.

Titmarsh is a complete W44ker. He voice and almost sickening patriotism towards the "wonder of british nature"..oh by gum... Also the program is shot like the ending of a hollywood tear jerker to fit in with grand classical music at every turn and titmarshes sickening wallowing following on. Just hearing him bladder on about what make british rain so special with the stupid classical music in the background and the sound of tears from the school kids who are going to have to endure this stuff at free periods for years to come. TBH I think if they got rid of titmarsh and had someone as good as the scottish lad that presents the excellent "Coast" without all the tear in the eye sentimentality the program would be much better, as it is shot beautifully from a cameramans point of view.

As for oddie he is everywhere. I'd say he cares feck all about birds and more about the cash all his books brings in, and furniture adverts now also. Also he is condescending to the other female presenter who I would say hates him at this stage. The other lad who does the deer stuff is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Irishmammals

I think its a good show, the beavers are great.

P.S. Check out www.irishmammals.ie

I think its a good show, the beavers are great.[/url]

I am saying absolutely nothing on that subject ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

autumnwatch is full of nice middle-class jolly agreeable english types isnt it

but everyone hates bill oddie.....why??

anyone hear bill oddies stupid oirish accent tonight on autumnwatch - what a wally

I refuse to watch the programme because of him, which is a shame but I can't stand to look at him, he just makes me cross for some unfathomable reason. I met him once at a bird reserve in Worcestershire and later he and the film crew were having lunch in a pub garden like "normal" people and he seemed OK chatting to the "twitchers", its just his TV personality takes over and he is too "condescending" somehow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement