Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU for Dell

Options
  • 08-11-2007 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Im looking for a PSU for a dell dimension 2400. Ive tried komplett but didnt come across anything. I did find this

http://www.pcpower.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S41D2

but was hoping for something a bit cheaper. The one that is in it is 200W and I was look ing for something bog standard.
    Anyone know of any sites I can get this or does anyone know if you can get them fro dell and what are the prices like
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Miley,
    I'm in a somewhat similar situation, I was looking (and may still be) for an upgrade psu for my dell 5150. There seems to be a lot of confusion about what is correct in terms of Dell machines. Some sites claim that a standard atx psu will work, others state that dell uses different pinouts on their power supplies. This site for example is selling an adaptor.
    Is your old psu fried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Miley

Ya, old psu is fried. Doing nothing at all. I swapped it with another psu from another dell dimension and it worked fine so its definately the psu. Its got a 20 pin adapter on it.
    That site has just confused me more. I dont mind about noise so it doesnt neccessarily need to be a "quiet power supply"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How much did Dell say they'd charge for a replacement?

Unrelated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Miley, re the link, it should have brought you to a page showing a 'Dell to ATX Power Supply converter'. Not sure if it's relevant for your needs though.

I did find this on the Dell Support forums site though.

I can't guarantee the last posting there is correct, but if so you could be in luck!

Advertisement