Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Mobile??

• 08-11-2007 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi
    Now tesco are operating a mobile network? I'm thinking of changing over.

I think its only new. (literally saw on ad on TV about it 2 days ago, and then i went to website to read up on it)

Does anyone here already use Tesco Mobile? They've the same coverage as o2 (which i'm currently on). Thing is you can buy a sim for only €10 and if I get my girlfriend to do this too we can have free calls to each other and texts. Would well be worth it for me, i'm spending around 50 to 60 euro on credit a month as it is.

Anyway if anyone has experience of Tesco mobile, please let me know before I change.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

To be honest you'd be better off switching to Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

only thing is Stevek101, i'm from Wicklow and know friends who have Meteor and they are forever complaining about their coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I'd at least check it out. It could be their handset. They honestly have some of the best coverage out of all the networks. I have never had a single trouble with using my handset, all over Ireland and Europe. Plus I am sure you know more people on Meteor thus you have more use for free texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

If both of you switch to Meteor or Vodafone you can get free texts, Tesco aren't "free" in the same sense (but may work out better value if you call her alot). Check out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055172160&page=7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

cheers, i'll give that a read. But to be honest the tesco clubcard points are kind of swaying me towards Tesco. I'll earn clubcard points everytime I top up etc.
    As far as I know if I get a bundle from Tesco once a month (costing €11.99) then this entitles me to free texts / calls to another tesco mobile.
    I'd say 90% of my calls are to her and 50% of my texts are to her. So i can imagine saving a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Based on that I would say it would be good for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

seaner wrote: »
    cheers, i'll give that a read. But to be honest the tesco clubcard points are kind of swaying me towards Tesco. I'll earn clubcard points everytime I top up etc.
    As far as I know if I get a bundle from Tesco once a month (costing €11.99) then this entitles me to free texts / calls to another tesco mobile.
    I'd say 90% of my calls are to her and 50% of my texts are to her. So i can imagine saving a good bit.

Hi

It looks like if you send them an old SIM they give you free credit, if you need it I have an old 02 sim card you can use to get that extra free credit, just let me know.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Do these SIMs need to be active and accessible? I must have a load of old sims knocking around (various RTG numbers and old dead ones that were ported away).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Do these SIMs need to be active and accessible? I must have a load of old sims knocking around (various RTG numbers and old dead ones that were ported away).

Hi

No any old sim should do. I switch from 02 to vodaofone and send them the old O2 sim card and got the credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

any sim will do...its a marketing promotion not a technical swap or anything (Tesco Mobile will not check that this is your last active account etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Bond-007 wrote: »
    slegs wrote: »
    any sim will do...its a marketing promotion not a technical swap or anything (Tesco Mobile will not check that this is your last active account etc)

Just pop the SIM in the envelope and fill in the details and the €20 is applied once the form is received.

You'd be amazed how many forms arrive without any SIM card. It's mind-blowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    . Just pop the SIM in the envelope and fill in the details and the €20 is applied once the form is received. You'd be amazed how many forms arrive without any SIM card. It's mind-blowing.

Hi.
    I've ported my number over from vodafone to tescomobile.
    I've got 2 old sims at home.
    Can I still send these in for credit even though I ported my number over.
    I thought you could only avail of this if you kept the 089 tesco number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

mkennedy wrote: »
    Hi.
    I've ported my number over from vodafone to tescomobile.
    I've got 2 old sims at home.
    Can I still send these in for credit even though I ported my number over.
    I thought you could only avail of this if you kept the 089 tesco number.

Unfortunately no...the promotion is to send your old SIM in AND keep the 089 number you were given. Its a marketing promotion partly to proliferate 089 numbers and Tesco Mobiles profile

Advertisement