Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soll Austria?

• 08-11-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭

Anyone have any experience of Soll??
    Was hoping to book a week in February. Beginnerish/Intermediate Skiers looking for decent apres ski. Looked at the Bergview Apartments which seems very resonable but dont want holiday ruined by crummy accomodation/long schlep into town.
    Cheers for any input!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

Skied in Soll a few years ago - skiing was great- loads of variety and the instructors were very good. The town was nice but very very quiet - however it was Xmas week so its prob much more lively in February. In saying that for the first hour or two after skiing the apres ski was pretty good its just after that it was pretty dead.

Dont know about those particular apartments though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I spent a week there a few years ago. The skiing and facilities are great. The variety of pistes is top notch and the area is more than big enough for a weeks skiing. I loved the way the skiing was all in the middle and there were loads of villages around the outside. You can basically have lunch in a different town every day if you wanted to! The one complaint about the pistes was the way back down to Söll. The blue piste is really narrow and dangerous imo. The red one wasn't in great condition when I was there and dangerous too.

My problem with the place was that it was full of English and Irish with a few Germans thrown in. The crowd was nowhere near as varied as most resorts. The Apres ski was all pub based rather than the more usual mixture of tent/outside places. If that's the sort of crowd you like to find on a holiday though then you should enjoy it. Each to their own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

We went there at the end of last January and were greeted by this.
    As a result we ended up getting the bus/taxi to Scheffau (justdown the road) each day as it the only place with decent runs open.

Having said that there was plenty of snow on the upper slopes by the end of the week.

Once thing to watch for is the slopes are a bit of distance from a lot of accomodation.

Review here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lenny soll

Just to let you know Bergview haus appartments our probably the best equiped/modernised apartments in soll, They are all brand new , and I do agree with you they are too reasonable for what you get !! The Reason I say this is I own and built them . check out my website which is underconstruction but will give you an Idea what they are like inside ! www.bergviewhaus.com they have to be booked ,through topflight at present until the 15th March, after that which is Paddys Week, I have appartments available. Tel no is on the website dont be afraid to give is a call and find out more !

Lenny:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 rudi1978

Just in reply to that last reply you got saying the night life in Soll was dead, I had to disagree! Been to Soll 3 times and have had few friends go at different times and have all agreed it has one of the best apre ski's in Europe. The beauty of Sollis it's small size. It only has a few bars and even less good ones so everybody heads to the same few which creates a really good atmosphere. Have been quite a number of places since and it has never lived up to the highs of Soll. For a beginner the place is excellent and the ski school is amazing. They will push you as far as you want or as little as you want. Haven't herd what the conditions are like but mid feb should hopefully be good. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

Hi Guys
    Thanks for all your input. As it turns out have rented a car and will be staying down the road in Ellmau so will hopefully get a chance to check out the apres ski around the towns and will report back.
    Cheers
    Simon

Advertisement