Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Snack Ideas

• 08-11-2007 4:19pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Fortunately I dont need to diet (bean pole figure allows me to eat anything)but my gf is trying to loose some weight and was going great their for ages but we moved house and the old habits have come back to haunt her. She knows it and its hard for her to get back on the horse. I would like to help her out as she is away 2 evenings a week at college and when she comes home its the handy bad food that is eaten. The thing is I aint a great cook but would love to have a small little meal / snack ready for her that is helping her. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Cheers

Oh ya she likes most foods.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭olaola

AWWW!! I'm so impressed!!

There are a few great recpies in the stickys here.
    Soup is always a great one - quick and easy - any veg you have.
    Even a bag of frozen peas will make a super quick soup.

Shepards pie - dry fry lean mince, add an onion. Can of Campbells veg soup (I'm not usually a 'can/packet person' but this really works). Then boil spuds, I sometimes do a mix of sweet potato and reg spuds. Mash and put on top. Into oven or under grill. The recipe is on the side of the can. I add peas too.

I make coleslaw to go with it - white cabbage, carrot and onion. Chop finely/grate and put a tblsp of light mayo and a dollop of fat free fromage frais or yoghurt and mix!

It's easy and yum! Very wintery :)

I know she's a bit granny-like, but Rosemary Conley does a great cookbook. I do the moussaka out it all the time : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosemary-Conleys-Low-Fat-Cookbook/dp/0712679642/ref=sr_1_1/202-9111228-0352628?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194536161&sr=8-1

Curries - dry fry onion, add paste (for the effort you have to put in to make it, paste is worth it) and tin of tomatoes. I usually add some veg - butternut squash/peppers and the like. You can add chicken/lamb/prawns/whatever.
    Serve with brown or Basmati rice.

Advertisement