Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 years later

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Car crash? Didn't he fall off his push bike?!
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Car crash? Didn't he fall off his push bike?!
    VR!

definitely wasnt a car crash

from the wiki

"In June 2002, Hart suffered a stroke after hitting his head in a bicycle accident. The Calgary Herald reported that Hart hit a pothole, flew over the handlebars of the bike, and landed on the back of his head. Hart suffered partial paralysis after the stroke, which required months of physical therapy. Hart has since recovered much of his mobility and is in good health. Although he still suffers from an emotional imbalance, Hart has been recovering and has been pronounced in good health."

Ph3n0m wrote: »
    Although he still suffers from an emotional imbalance, Hart has been recovering and has been pronounced in good health."

I think he's suffered that since 1996 to be honest ;)
    VR!

I think he's suffered that since 1996 to be honest ;)
    VR!

thought it 97 :)

Nah, even since he dropped the belt to Shawn and then took six months off to hiss over it, he was never quite the same coming back ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Nah, even since he dropped the belt to Shawn and then took six months off to hiss over it, he was never quite the same coming back ;)

VR!

Yeah, he only won two WWF titles after WM12, compared to 3 before it, so he was'nt quite the same. A shell of man really :rolleyes:

Since his comeback to WWE in November 95, The first reign didn't last pissing time, the other, he was placed midcard for.
    Anyway, title reigns aren't much to go by anyway, after all, you do know wrestling is predetermined, right? ;)

VR!

Since his comeback to WWE in November 95, The first reign didn't last pissing time, the other, he was placed midcard for.
    Anyway, title reigns aren't much to go by anyway, after all, you do know wrestling is predetermined, right? ;)

VR!

His comeback was Nov '96

And you do know when you constantly wink at other males, you come across really GAY?

November 95 was a typo on my part. He got his title back from Nash in 95
    As for the comment on the winkey smiley being gay... Well apparently the legend and myth says that wrestling is gay. So i guess i'm in the right place then.

Personally, i don't believe everything i read on the internet.
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bret wasn't top babyface VR, from reading your posts I feel you really need to do a lot of study on the montreal screwjob before you post like this...not being mean but it's so clear that you have very limited knowledge on the matter.

Krudler:
    Shawn wouldn't job to anyone and it wasn't because Bret was leaving...
    2. I know Shawn is only recently a born again christian I was talking about the character of the man we are talking about. And it makes no difference if you admit you were an asshole, you still were an asshole and that's that.

HOW WAS BRET WRONG? Seriously? HOW!, You people clearly have no knowledge of the situation, and are caught up in the Vince McMahon Bret screwed Bret crap.
    Theres no way Vince would have tried to mend things with Bret by APOLOGISING in 2002 if Bret was the one in the WRONG!

Bret in 96 could have left WWF for WCW but instead was loyal and stayed (signed a 20 year deal), then over the next year Vince made life hard for Bret, he made him heel, and not only that but didn't make him the worst heel so Bret was kinda stuck in the middle, then a year on, Vince wants out of 20 year contract and asks Bret to move to WCW.
    Bret agrees, even tho' he says he would like to stay in WWF.
    Then on his last match in Canada, Bret has creative control and they work out a match ending, a fair number of people were secretly involved in a plan to screw over Bret....very sneaky stuff, They screw him, LIE to his face backstage, In Hebners case he caught a secret early flight as he has SWORN ON HIS KIDS he would make sure that everything will go ok for Bret. Yet somehow Bret is in the wrong.

Some people are seriously dumb.

Tell me how Bret was wrong, and don't say "cause he wouldn't job to Shawn....Shawn was a child who wouldn't job to anyone, Bret had creative control, Bret at all times did what was asked of him by WWF, he was one the main guys that brought WWF through the bad times(Court Case, Steroids).

It shows that some people seem to prefer the sneaky, lying, asshole, scumbag than the clearly honest, truthful, loyal, hardworking person.

EDIT: VR you're "last i thought we were talking bout Bret not shawn comment....what a childish comment which would only come from someone who is immature to the point that either (a) He can't see how an incident involving Bret and Shawn involved both people OR (b) Has little to no knowledge of incident and has no way of defending the person he likes through facts so resorts to little childish comments....or both.
    Seriously grow up, He made a clearly valid point informing people who clearly didn't know of the situation.

and you say VR has a lack of knowledge on the situation? take a look at yourself, what was Earl Hebner meant to do,go against what his boss asked? (just like BRET) and get himself fired over a wrestling angle? im sure his wife and kids would have loved that, theres a time and place to make a stand and he was put in a no win situation, you think bret could have gotten him a job with WCW if he decided to ignore vince and get himself fired? doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

earl could have set a t-shirt business had it all not worked out right for him, oh wait :p

Burn! :D
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

krudler wrote: »
    and you say VR has a lack of knowledge on the situation? take a look at yourself, what was Earl Hebner meant to do,go against what his boss asked? (just like BRET) and get himself fired over a wrestling angle? im sure his wife and kids would have loved that, theres a time and place to make a stand and he was put in a no win situation, you think bret could have gotten him a job with WCW if he decided to ignore vince and get himself fired? doubt it

He could have told the truth. What is it with everyone here thinking that lying is such a commendable thing?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

EdK wrote: »
    The whole thing is the biggest work in the history of Pro Wrestling!!!

I 100% agree in fairness if you've seen wrestling with shadows which I have way to many times for reasons I wont go into you will know the whole thing is laughable especially the part 'Bret wears a wire'

Do you really think they just happened to be filming a documentary on Bret at the time and had camera crews in the back stage?

cmon!

camera crews have been backstage loads of times e.g. beyond the mat, louis theroux documentary. Didn't bret hart break vince's jaw after the incident when he came to try and calm him down in the lockerroom :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

More the point being the whole documentary leading up to the screw job.

As for Vinces jaw highly unlikely anybody would get away with that.

This was more believable than the screw job IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsnKzgmE0oc

whatever you want to believe; i have talked with all the hart family so i know where they stand on it, i suspect people like dave meltzer were in on the hoax too ;)

Bret was apparently very paranoid during that day as he'd been warned by several people about a potential screwjob backstage.

Also Wrestling With Shadows is about as one sided as it gets anyway. It's good the first time you watch it, then gets boring rapidly.

VR!

rossie1977 wrote: »
    whatever you want to believe; i have talked with all the hart family so i know where they stand on it, i suspect people like dave meltzer were in on the hoax too ;)

Dropping them names again. Deliver some proof there man. ;)
    VR!

will PM you with proof in a second

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'd like to see that proof as well if that's ok?

Nine minutes gone, nothing here. You're lying dude :)
    VR!

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd like to see that proof as well if that's ok?

oh ye of little faith, you guys got bebo PM if so

anyways back on topic; from what i have seen and from those i have spoken to, montreal screwjob is as legit as you can get in pro-wrestling. Bret hates shawn for real and its blind hatred i am talking about here. bret would tear pieces off shawn if the two were to meet i suspect.

as i mentioned on another thread shawn does not occupy the same floor that bret does at any time, on hall of fame night 2006 as bret walked around the hotel shawn was nowhere to be seen, despite shawn being everywhere the night before that when bret was absent.

i hear people say that eddie and benoit are just pro-wrestling stories too and neither are "really" dead. Pro wrestling is a dirty business, if montreal is a hoax its one of the greatest hoaxes ever imo

pingu_girl wrote: »
    I 100% agree in fairness if you've seen wrestling with shadows which I have way to many times for reasons I wont go into you will know the whole thing is laughable especially the part 'Bret wears a wire'

Do you really think they just happened to be filming a documentary on Bret at the time and had camera crews in the back stage?

cmon!

the documentary started filming the hart family in early 1996, go watch WWS again :p

camera crews have been backstage loads of times e.g. beyond the mat, louis theroux documentary. Didn't bret hart break vince's jaw after the incident when he came to try and calm him down in the lockerroom :confused:

Er no he didnt, he did get smacked in the mouth, but his jaw didnt get broken. If it was broken he was brilliant the following night on RAW, when he spoke!

And for a guy who was "in on it", suprising that a Bret Hart fansite would post this article

http://www.brethart.info/info/facts.php

Montreal wasn't a work, Anyone who believes otherwise has listened to one too many Hulk Hogan interviews and has their head shoved up their own ass. It's an unfortunate set of circumstances that took place ten years ago and everyone needs to get over it.

Sadly, that's never gonna happen.
    VR!

thanks for that Ph3n0m
    Hart breaking free and throwing a punch to the jaw that would have knocked down a rhino. One punch Ko in 40 seconds. McMahon growled like he was going to get up but he had no legs. Shane McMahon jumped on Harts back and Smith jumped on Shane's back pulling him off. Not realizing there would be trouble Smith had already taken off his knee brace and hyperextened his knee in the process of pulling Shane off. Hart nearly broke his hand from the punch.
    McMahon's jaw was thought to be fractured or broken.
    Hart asked Vince if he was now going to screw him on all the money he owed him and a groggy Vince said "No". He told Shane and Brisco to get that "piece of ****" out of here and glaring at both of them told them if they tried anything they'd suffer the same results. In dragging McMahon out someone accidentally stepped on his ankle injuring it as well.

shane and vince are lucky men they are not eating their dinners today through straws

Montreal wasn't a work, Anyone who believes otherwise has listened to one too many Hulk Hogan interviews and has their head shoved up their own ass. It's an unfortunate set of circumstances that took place ten years ago and everyone needs to get over it.

Sadly, that's never gonna happen.
    VR!

you mean wrestling isnt real...but but Hogan knows best, he has to! Next you'll tell me that the real world's champ is still David Arquette :)

Well Hogan knows best, he was there for the screwjob where Bret was pinned by skinny Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 15 or 16 ;)

BROTHER!!
    VR!

• Advertisement

thanks for that Ph3n0m

shane and vince are lucky men they are not eating their dinners today through straws

Why cos he punched Vince once? Ooooh, what a threat!
    VR!

yeah and knocked him out with one punch, imagine if hart got really angry and hit him 3 or 4 times

shane trying to take davey boy, lol

Two sides to that story though, it was a punch Vince allowed him to to throw.
    Apparently it was also Brisco who stood on his ankle.

Vince has had worse treatment backstage. Kevin Wacholz (Nailz) apparently had a good grip on his throat in a dispute in 92.
    VR!

in a legit fight anyone trained by stu would be odds on favourite, hart had knocked shawn into next week in late 1996 and shawn sure as hell didn't give bret the first punch, he actually tried to blindside bret.

vince is lucky he wasn't seriously injured that night

Two sides to that story though, it was a punch Vince allowed him to to throw.
    Apparently it was also Brisco who stood on his ankle.

Vince has had worse treatment backstage. Kevin Wacholz (Nailz) apparently had a good grip on his throat in a dispute in 92.
    VR!

didn't wacholz later claim sexual harassment by vince :D big baby

in a legit fight anyone trained by stu would be odds on favourite, hart had knocked shawn into next week in late 1996 and shawn sure as hell didn't give bret the first punch, he actually tried to blindside bret.

vince is lucky he wasn't seriously injured that night

Hart knocked him into the middle of next week? From what i've read/heard in shoots he yanked a handful of hair out of Shawns head. The pair of them fought like girls!

VR!

didn't wacholz later claim sexual harassment by vince :D big baby

Wacholz tried claiming everything under the sun to the point where his case was thrown out of court. He also tried to testify against him at the steroid trials, when asked his reason he simply stated that he hated Vince McMahon...

... then was thrown out of court... again!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

At Survivor Series,I think something like this will go down:

The ref takes a bump and Shawn locks in the sharpshooter on Orton.The ref recovers and calls for the bell and Orton taps legit only for McMahon to come out and disqualify Michaels stating that the sharpshooter was also banned but forgot to mention that.:p

a kayfabe type montreal screwjob has been done to death at this stage, SS98 had one and there are quite a few other examples from what i remember, surely vince ain't gonna bring up montreal again :(

• Advertisement

Agreeing with rossie here. Hell wasn't it even done on Michaels last year when he was feuding with Shane?
    VR!

I'd be on the Bret Hart side.I think 14 years in WWE would be sufficient for McMahon to realistically acknowledge that Hart wouldn't screw him over.Bret didn't want to leave and he didn't want to job to Michaels in Canada.I think Bret would be too professional to screw WWE by bringing the belt to WCW and I believe he would have jobbed the title in America even if without a contract.I think Jeff Jarrett did this at SS 99?

I think its fair to say McMahon was the paranoid one.Afterall,Madusa trashed the WWE Women Title on WCW programming.Vinces paranoia and Shawns ego and real life animosity with Hart was the reason he got screwed.

I think Bret was so annoyed because he viewed Vince like a father and he broke his trust.Something Bret found hard to get over.Thats the only reason why I think he took years to get over.

Hart knocked him into the middle of next week? From what i've read/heard in shoots he yanked a handful of hair out of Shawns head. The pair of them fought like girls!

VR!

For someone who does'nt believe everything he reads on the internet, you sure pass a lot of it on...wink wink nudge nudge

vince has blurred the lines between reality and kayfabe so much that people now think everything is a work where it involves WWE. It has obviously worked well because posters here think montreal is a work.

the bad news for vince is that he will never be able to diversify into legit sports because of it, no-one took XFL serious because they are thought it was a work. i hear vince has plans to start up an mma fed, that will bomb too

D-FENS wrote: »
    For someone who does'nt believe everything he reads on the internet, you sure pass a lot of it on...wink wink nudge nudge

It's called watching a shoot interview, nothing about the internet there.
    So wink wink nudge nudge that... (jackass!)

VR!

no-one took XFL serious because they are thought it was a work. i hear vince has plans to start up an mma fed, that will bomb too

Nobody took XFL seriously for many reasons

1) Vince McMahon's failed bodybuilding fed 10 years earlier. If that wasn't going to work, why the hell would a football league work?

2) It was way over the top presentation for a football league

3) He had wrestlers appear on the shows, that was a big no-no, especially if you're an American football fan!

4) Those awful cheerleaders (see point 2). The cheerleaders are meant to be a halftime show. For the XFL, however, the cheerleaders were the show.

and 5) No general interest, the real reason why it bombed in the first place.

VR!

• Advertisement

i can agree on points 3, 4 and 5 but not really on 1 and 2. on point 2 have you been to an american sports game e.g mlb, nba, nfl, i have and its fu*cking crazy sh*t especially the nba which makes the WWE look like church meeting in comparison, they had old people dancing with cheerleaders :eek: i doubt you can ever be over the top when it comes to something in america.

point 5 is obvious thats why it bombed, but why did point 5 happen in the first place, as far as i am aware XFL went out live on one of the big networks NBC or CBS (or one of them) during the NFL close season. Football is huge in the states, NFL is easily number one, closely followed by college football, XFL should have worked, the Canadian football league gets good ratings in the states

I remember most football experts didn't believe the matches were real

point 5 is obvious thats why it bombed, but why did point 5 happen in the first place, as far as i am aware XFL went out live on one of the big networks NBC or CBS (or one of them) during the NFL close season. Football is huge in the states, NFL is easily number one, closely followed by college football, XFL should have worked, the Canadian football league gets good ratings in the states

Yeah it was sent out on NBC, If i recall correctly it was the first time Ebersol worked with McMahon since their partnership in 1991 dissolved with SNME (Fox aired the last two SNME's in 92). 5 Happened because there was too much there. NFL and College football is a pretty big market there. You can't have too many brands/leagues of football. It's just not gonna work.

(especially given the limited attention span of most Americans!)

I really don't know what the f*ck McMahon was thinking!
    VR!

Is it fair to say that the XFL was already diluted as it was a Vince McMahon venture?Football and wrestling don't really go well together.If you're a fan of both,you're going to have to pick one.

As the XFL was very closely linked with WWE wrestling,this wouldn't be a good way to market the XFL to the die hard or even normal football fan.

I really don't know what the f*ck McMahon was thinking!
    VR!

vince loves big guys and the next best place to see big guys is bodybuilding and the nfl.

i bet vince won't be starting a basketball league anytime soon, though he could put muscle suits on the players to make them look bigger ala giant gonzales :rolleyes:

i bet vince won't be starting a basketball league anytime soon, though he could put muscle suits on the players to make them look bigger ala giant gonzales :rolleyes:

What was it with Vince and Muscle Suits in 92-93? He stuck one on Warrior as well!

As daft of an idea as that was, it didn't stop Bono from using one during the Popmart tour in 97!

And people say the 80s were bad?
    VR!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement