Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(REQ) Best price/deal on Nintendo DS

• 08-11-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for best price or bundle deal on nintendo ds or ds lite. thanks for all your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Check out argos. Someone told me they got DS+game+access. kit for EUR135 yesterday, plus a EUR10 voucher.The girl had to change the order she scanned the items through at, as it came up as EUR185 the first time....

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

i was told recently that smiths toy store and the Vorgin shops have good deals at the moment...going to check this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

€150 for a DS and 2 games in Virgin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone know where the best place to get a DS Lite is at the moment, without Games.

Best I can find at the moment is Pixmania which is €130.90 ( €118 + €12.90 shipping.)

Not in a rush, so could wait a few weeks for delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the best place to get a DS Lite is at the moment, without Games.

Best I can find at the moment is Pixmania which is €130.90 ( €118 + €12.90 shipping.)

Info you need is here.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have a new one on the way from Hong Kong, €95 incl delivery on ebay. buyitnow powerseller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

rubadub, do you have a link to the seller, Thanks.

Also, saw the other link. Great info there - Thanks

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZgameconsolehk

he sells australian & UK plug ones, all chinese I think. I have a travel adaptor to use the australian one. you can get a UK plug here cheap
    www.dealextreme.com

I also got a thing on that site where it lets you play downloaded games, i.e. illegally. And some "homebrew" software that lets you play old games legally (I think)

I got the DSTT device & 8GB card for €29 delivered.

all have yet to arrive, only ordered the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭MURDO

A2LUE42 wrote: »

Zavvi is the company that took over Virgin Megastores in Ireland have them for €135 + a free game, not that i need games thanks to Deal Extreme. haha. Got my small fella a nice red one last week there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

ebay have ds delivered for E124 atm i can find.

thought they would be cheaper. im looking for around teh 100 euro mark but cant find any caus of delivery charges which are a fortune

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

guys, be careful with the imports, C&E are pulling a lot more packets these days in the run up to Xmas, that will be Customs and VAT and postage on top of what you paid IF you get nabbed

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

Got the little fella one in Game Blanch SC yesterday. DS+Essential Pack+Wall-E for €135

Got my DS yesterday no problem. Packing box was perfect on the outside, it was so small I thought no box was inside, but it had full original DS box in mint condition inside. Came with a 2pin european style plug, so no need for an adaptor if you just stick something in the earth to open your other entry points. Adaptor is 85-265V. Declared as $5 and the small box means it should probably slip by customs, but as mentioned they are on the lookout, I got mine sent to work, think that helps.

Red dragon design looks very nice, shiny & slick. When I loaded up first it was in Japanese. The instructions are in english on a sheet and showed what each icon was. I just had to go to settings, then select a globe and pick english. They also had pokemon version that smaller kids might want. I think bigger kids (like me)would like the red dragon since their mates would be jealous of it being "limited edition".

I paid for it on 14oct, got the shipping notice on 16th, so about 8 working days.

The seller on ebay was called gameconsolehk but he seems to have nothing on sale at the moment, could be ebays search options, they are even worse these days.

There are good deals going around though, I see games are €45 in argos, I am getting a DSTT card and am only really interested in emulators on it, I am not going to buy any games. Seems the deals are good and if you consider what the games cost the DS could well workout what I paid for mine, or less. i.e. my €95 +45 for a game is €140. And of course you get easy warranty, dunno what happens if mine packs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Thread -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055408143
    there's 25% of PS3, PSP's ,Nintendo DS and all console games in Tesco 2moro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

TriStar6 wrote: »
    Thread -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055408143
    there's 25% of PS3, PSP's ,Nintendo DS and all console games in Tesco 2moro

120 euro for a ds. saw it earlier...

found a ds for 74 pound sterling but the delivery is 20 sterling on top of that from scarborough in england :S

mailed and asked if it cud be cut down on! insane cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Got a DS for €120 at 8am in the Square, no signs and as usual have to get the right staff, they have them in the back so don't worry about the display colours/boxes, ask them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭mwexford

just bought one in Tesco Gorey for €120. I wanted a green one but the red ones are starter kits and come with Brain Training bundled - v good value. All the stock seems to be in storage, not out on display

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i got one in tesco today,,pink one with sims pets 2 for €142,,yey me,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

gamesnash.ie have a 20% off offer on the limited edition crimson/black DS Lite at the moment. Price delivered is €119.99, which is nearly as cheap as in the US.

It's an import, but is supplied with a 3 pin charger.

Great deal and no risk of customs charges.

Advertisement