Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Girl Looking For Cool Friends!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Snarler wrote: »
    Rush is playing Dublin in two weeks. Pounding techno at its finest!

Ah, now I know wtf Rush is. Can safely say I won't ever be a fan!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I love Canadian accents, oh yes. MMMM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Ah, now I know wtf Rush is. Can safely say I won't ever be a fan!

There's a hell of a difference between the Rock Band and the Techno DJ.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Hey Ajrocks, welcome to Galway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

has to be pics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Might as well give up you're search ajrocks, i'm sorry to say you'll never find cool friends in Galway. you'll find the mildly retarded to the absolutely drugged up looney with a spot of snobishness and a dash of poser served with a hippy on the side but you'll never find anyone "cool".

welcome to da wesht. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

ajrocks wrote: »
    Im 29, female and quite fun to hang out with

a fun canadian??????.......well thats a first, taught you were a serious bunch

ala..donald sutherland, neil young etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Canadians are fun to hang out with, was over around Ottawa for 2 weeks in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

philstar wrote: »

ala..donald sutherland, neil young etc

nah.... those guys are the exception to the rule. any Canadian i've met is mad as a hatter. quite controlling though i have to say...

and they all tend to be neat freaks.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

philstar wrote: »
    The only Canadian I know in Galway at the moment is a female rugby coach, hangs out in O'Connell's fairly regularly, mad as a brush and great craic.

Sure there's lots more around the place, just seem to be bumping into more ozzies and kiwis these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Snarler wrote: »
    Rush is playing Dublin in two weeks. Pounding techno at its finest!

Some crappy techno is using the name of the almighty Rush!? They should be hung by the neck until dead.

There is only one Rush, and they are the greatest Canadians to have ever lived:

Great way to meet Canadian chicks too, as I found out when me and some friends were talking about Rush in the pub once, and these 3 Canadian girls came over to us and said oh my god (In the way only Canadians can) you guys like Rush!? That was awesome. :D

OK, watched the vid, and now I know there's a very good reason I've never heard of them. Do they not have a singer??? Musical masturbation tbh...

Oh, and the greatest Canadian ever was MacGuyver. Everyone knows that! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hungus wouldn't know the best canadians in the world if they walked up to him and shaved his head.

tragically hip ftw!

--edit

I should point out, the wrote this song *years* before katrina...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ajrocks

Im canadian and i find sum canadians annoying! thats why im here!! not meeting too many irish folk tho!! Where are they all hiding!!

And im sure the men will agree that the best thing to come out of canada was Pamela Anderson and ladies will agree Michael Buble - not for his music tho, hes just hot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Welcome to Galway, any Canadians I've met so far have been awesome people, I'm sure you'll have no problems making new friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ajrocks

Are people on this thing just here to chat or do people actually meet up for ****s n giggles??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

It does happen every so often, best way to meet the people on the galway forum is to suggest a pre xmas galway beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Are people on this thing just here to chat or do people actually meet up for ****s n giggles??

Have a look at the picture thread, indeed post your own picture on it... then if you see someone off it in the pub say hello!

Some crappy techno is using the name of the almighty Rush!? They should be hung by the neck until dead.

There is only one Rush, and they are the greatest Canadians to have ever lived:

Great way to meet Canadian chicks too, as I found out when me and some friends were talking about Rush in the pub once, and these 3 Canadian girls came over to us and said oh my god (In the way only Canadians can) you guys like Rush!? That was awesome. :D

Very well put.:cool:
    Don't forget, there's a Rush weekend in Galway next may, details to follow soon, but it's on the weeeknd 16-18th may :cool:
    Plus there are a few Canadians coming all the way for it,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

This has turned into two completely different threads

• Advertisement

This has turned into two completely different threads

It's all Canadian related, the title of the classic track on the video is YYZ, which is the code for Toronro Airport.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I can think of so many better things to come out of Canada than Rush.

galwayrush wrote: »
    It's all Canadian related, the title of the classic track on the video is YYZ, which is the code for Toronro Airport.:D

No offence, but I don't think the rest of us really give a sh1t :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hey All!! Just arrived in Galway the other day. Im here for a year on a working holiday visa and just looking for funny people to hang out with, go to pubs, laugh at people, go for coffee etc... Im 29, female and quite fun to hang out with so drop us a line!! Thanks!! A:o:o

Are you French Canadian?, if so I have absolutely no interest in you and I'd have sex with a porcupine if ya put lip stick on it...mmmmmmmmm...I love a good prick on a Saturday night ;) shout a holla back if your the good type of Canadian..eh!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

MattKid wrote: »
    I can think of so many better things to come out of Canada than Rush.

Agree.

cabellero1.jpg

Rush howarya.

OK, watched the vid, and now I know there's a very good reason I've never heard of them. Do they not have a singer??? Musical masturbation tbh...

What!? It's musical masturbation just because there are no vocals? Were Mozart, Bach, Schubert, Beathoven, Liszt, Wagner, Grieg, Chopin and any other classic composer all masturbating musically? Honestly, I despise the term 'musical masturbation' it doesn't even make sense. Honestly, some of the best music of the 20th century has been instrumental.

And actually, they do have a singer:

So buttons to you! :p
    Oh, and the greatest Canadian ever was MacGuyver. Everyone knows that! ;)

The actual character of MacGyver wasn't Canadian! Did you even watch the show!?

Galwayguy99 = FAIL!!! :D

What!? It's musical masturbation just because there are no vocals? Were Mozart, Bach, Schubert, Beathoven, Liszt, Wagner, Grieg, Chopin and any other classic composer all masturbating musically? Honestly, I despise the term 'musical masturbation' it doesn't even make sense. Honestly, some of the best music of the 20th century has been instrumental.

And actually, they do have a singer:

So buttons to you! :p

Jeez, don't have a hernia there Karl! The vid posted was an instrumental song, which was just a load of showing off how well they could play guitar = sh!te! Thats why I called it musical masturbation.
    The actual character of MacGyver wasn't Canadian! Did you even watch the show!?

Wow, really? :eek: You don't say! But I was talking about Richard Dean Anderson, everyone knows he's Canadian. And it was tongue in cheek, but you took the bait anyway. Good man ;)

which was just a load of showing off how well they could play guitar

No it isn't. :rolleyes:
    Wow, really? :eek: You don't say! But I was talking about Richard Dean Anderson, everyone knows he's Canadian. And it was tongue in cheek, but you took the bait anyway. Good man ;)

Richard Dean Anderson is also American... Or is this some other attempt to show your own lacking knowledge that I've taken the bait on? :confused:

Oops! My bad - too lazy to google and check. Always thought he was Canadian...
    Rush are still crap though, but hey, we all like bands that other people don't...

• Advertisement

The series itself was Canadian produced, so I think that's where you're going wrong.

Advertisement