Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extra large dog crate

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

What size do you need?

I trawled the pet shops & got one on sale(petworld, Galway) Still pricey (€175 if i remember right) but well worth it. Mine is 50*100*75

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Thanks amimad, i'm looking for the vari crate 101x68x76 cm (40x27x30in)
    I was hoping to find an irish supplier where i could collect it myself,look at these prices.
    Pet-bliss.com E229.99
    doggiesolutions.co.uk E117.15 (£82)
    for the exact same crate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

We have the Giant Vari Kennel Crate at 32"W X 48"D X 35"H

Got it for 100 dollars from AAFES American Air Force Base, while abroad.. Going to America any time soon? :D:D

The price of them here in Ireland is ridiculous...

Here's a good website for you

http://www.futurepets.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=DO00100

This is the price of the size you are looking for on it... then add on postage and packaging its flown over from America, I've never dealt with them, but it is the cheapest you'll find it... 89 dollars..

Extra Large #500
    DO00500 * * * * Sky Kennel, XLg, 40" x 27" x 30"H, #500 EA $ 88.79

Ya see what i mean! Ripoff Ireland:mad:
    The Irish quote was the cheapest i could find, the most expensive was almost 400E.

This is the one i really want www.sportcrate.com

That sportcrate looks like a serious bit of equipment. I wonder would the steel be cold???
    It might be an idea to find someone to make something simular.
    I'm lucky,my dad's a welder & my OH is a carpenter. At the moment I have both busy, I'm getting my new van fitted out so all 3 dogs will fit, comfy:D

• Advertisement

Hi Ami, the sport crate is aluminium so wouldn't be that cold,it's the non slip surface that makes it look heavy and cold, i can think of better uses for $1200.00.
    Ami i read in another of your posts that you raw feed your dogs,do you mind if i ask how you're finding it? how old were your dogs when they started on raw. I have read a bit about BARF and would love to raw feed but it's just so inconvenient,can you tell if your dogs get all the nutrients they need,have you found a vet that understands the benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

i got one for 135.00 in dublin from boardwalk pets they ordered it for me i dont think they stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I find Breffni's in Dundrum Dublin 14 to be very reasonable for fold flat crates I've had mine for 2 years now & it's still going strong - lots of use from my own dogs & foster dogs

flynnc wrote: »
    i got one for 135.00 in dublin from boardwalk pets they ordered it for me i dont think they stock it.

Thanks flynnc, was it the extra large vari crate 40x27x30in
    That seems a reasonable price,it definitely pays to shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

macshadow wrote: »
    Thanks flynnc, was it the extra large vari crate 40x27x30in
    That seems a reasonable price,it definitely pays to shop around.

Funny you should be talking about this, my friends German Shepard was hit by a car, Broken hip. Was told he needed to keep it caged and immobile till it heals so we scoured Dublin yesterday for one, Managed to pick up a 46 inch long by about 3 foot high and 3 foot wide in Kinsealy Petshop, Malahide road for 122 Euro.

If you want bigger I know the new Whakers have them on the long mile road, but your looking at 200 lids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

Ebay!!

Thats where we got ours! Brilliant prices.. very good quality.. huge range of sizes..

Puppy Crates

Thanks everyone for your input,i hope to get one in the next few weeks.
    I'm going to keep it in the car instead of putting the dogs straight in the car and hopefully keep the windows free of snotty nose marks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

yes it was the ex large vari crate

Ami i read in another of your posts that you raw feed your dogs,do you mind if i ask how you're finding it? how old were your dogs when they started on raw. I have read a bit about BARF and would love to raw feed but it's just so inconvenient,can you tell if your dogs get all the nutrients they need,have you found a vet that understands the benefits.

MacShadow,
    Well lets start at the begining, I started raw feeding because one of my dogs lost alot of condition & when conventional foods weren't working(uping food, protein content ect) I started giving raw chicken wings for breakfast & they seemed to work. I just got it in my head that feeding them all the smae would be easier, rather than 3 different foods & 3 different amounts.
    So their ages, Timmy was about 6 years, Ding was 1 year & Kylie has been getting raw since she came to live with us at 8 weeks. I'll be feeding this way a year next Feb.

I did a lot of reading about it & figured if it would put wieght on the dog then it was the way to go.

I don't have any issues with my vet, he's just pleased that my dogs are healthy & in great conditon.

Their health has improved, their coats are shiney , they're full of life & there's less to clean up after them.

I don't find it inconvenient, but i do have a second freezer & fridge for the dogs(in the utililty room) I go to the butcher every other week, it costs around €50 & I get chicken wings, chicken carcasses, lamb lambs, beef heart, liver ,Kidney, dog mince & sometimes ask for other scrap(that takes some sorting but can be worth it) I sometimes feed raw veg, freeze it & mush it up & mix it with mince.

As for the nutrients, I think the proof is in the pudding, my dogs look good , feel good & enjoy life.
    At the end of the day you can only do what's right for you & what you feel is best for your dogs:)

Thanks Amimad,i'd definitely raw feed if i got a new pup and it didn't know any different but my two are too picky and would probably think i have lost the plot. I know you can buy pre prepared raw feed in the states that can be frozen,something like that would suite me down to the ground.

Advertisement