Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car scrapped - How much to repair ?

Options
  • 08-11-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

The car got scrapped today, pulling out of a narrow drive way under somebody elses directions - The passenger side was misjudged and behold it was dragged along a rough peble dashed pillar.

So here's the damage(images below) I need a name of a place that will repair this well, but not too expensive. There will be a bit of the body work that will need to be reshaped as it is such a deep scrape it became dented. The scrapes are also quite deep. Its quite hard to distinguish with the images, but the major damage is on the lip of the wheel well, there is quite a deep dent in the body work from the force of the pillar.

Oh well, has to be fixed.. any idea guys how much I'd be looking at and a decent place in dublin ( pref. north side ) The car is a Seat leon - Red. I spend hours on the paint work (Clay bar, polish & wax ) and now this happens.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9421/imgp2070ax4.jpg
    http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5140/imgp2069ot6.jpg

Thanks,

Hj

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Surley you meant your car got scratched as opposed to scapped, cause when I saw this thread I was thinking why would you want to know how much it would cost to repair a car that got scrapped?

But I don't know the answer. It depends on how good a job you want done.

A few hundred yoyos, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

E92 wrote: »
    Surley you meant your car got scratched as opposed to scapped
    He means scraped.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Oooh nasty ! I'm sorry that happened to you !

Well its not just a repaint, you have two panels to repair there first of all, so panel beating and filling, then painting, with some dissasembley first and rebuilding afterwards !

I expect you are looking at about €600 roughly, and it could be more depending on where you go. Dont settle for a crap job, you'll always regret it AND it'll haunt you when selling on !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Anan1 wrote: »
    He means scraped.;)

Funnily enough, I was going to write down that word, then I thought about it and couldn't remember if such a word existed in the English language, so decided not to bother:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I got something similar done recently and it cost €150 but that was down the country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement