Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carousel is still head wreckingly bad

Options
  • 08-11-2007 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

I posted about this before, but I again I thought I wasn't listening to enough new music so I turned on phantomfm for a few evenings and apart from the lameness of the phantom daily show which they thankfully interrupt with MUSIC. its carousel time again?

Why is this here, its so badly done, its currently someone reading out a series wordy pretentious press releases about art exhibition that very few people go to, even though they should I should and I like art etc.

Is it supposed to fill some percentage arts coverage that they are required to do. Why not spend the time doing something good with the arts information.

There exhibit this week which has a particularly long press release and she just reads it all out???????? it mind numbingly bad. I also hate the background music they have for things like this on the radio, it doesn't add anything actually.

its not like I heard about this, I went to see it I'd recommend it, this is summary of what its about, its just reading out a usually self indulgent press release. And then I half to listen to it again the next day, and you could say I can turn it off well I do but you don't want that I don't want that.

its not a big deal but it could so easily be made better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

maybe this is just because I'm an art geek, but I doubt I'm alone in thinking that 2 minutes of 'here's some ideas of what you could do this weekend instead of drinking 'til your liver explodes' is going to kill anybody. The music's already interrupted by commercials and I find carousel much more interestng that Dara O' Brian nagging me to go to The Pub, or the benefits of switching to Meteor. At least Carousel might lead to a half decent afternoon out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭David O'Keeffe

Carousel is a good part of Phantom, I feel. Perhaps it can be sometimes annoying if you are stuck in traffic and hear Sinéad talking about it, but it is nearly the same on other stations.

I bet if you were to choose between Phantom's "Carousel" (informing listeners about an art exhibition of interest) or FM104's "Juicy Bits" (spoon feeding us gossip about Angelina Jolie's latest paparazzi pictures), I would easily believe that people would choose 105.2.

Also, while "who's yer one?" mentions it, aren't the L.V.A. (Licensed Vintners Association) advertisements such a bore. I still can't get over how bad the one with Lucy Kennedy from the Podge and Rodge show is. She has not got a voice for radio! Get rid of her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Are there any good radio adverts? Particularly on Irish radio, there are only about 4 voice actors in the country leading to increasingly crazy attempts at regional accents. Case in point that "put em on" Lazer card advert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭David O'Keeffe

Are there any good radio adverts? Particularly on Irish radio, there are only about 4 voice actors in the country leading to increasingly crazy attempts at regional accents. Case in point that "put em on" Lazer card advert.
    Yeah, it is all the same ones! And they all feature on every RTÉ Drama! Look at The Clinic! Prosperity! Voice-overs and occasional acting work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

In TV advertising you occasionally get gems like the Bravia adverts but you never really hear a standout radio advert. Well actually I take that back in the pirate days the adverts Phantom made themselves where genuinely funny certainly much more entertaining than the professional adverts then and now (and they had less ridicules accents!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

in the pirate days the adverts Phantom made themselves where genuinely funny certainly much more entertaining than the professional adverts then and now (and they had less ridicules accents!)

case in point: flopsy the bunny! :D

Advertisement