Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steering/Tracking tested in NCT?

Options
  • 08-11-2007 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, my 04 Alfa 156 is due for its NCT early next year. (Im thinking of booking it in well before its due), All i can see that it may fail on is worn wipers. Im replacing them but also my steering wheel is not centered when going in a straight line. Tracking seems to be fine just the steering wheel is slightly out (Approx 11 o clock) when going straight. Would this effect the NCT test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The wheel being off centre will not affect the NCT.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The fact that the wheel is off centre indicates that something is not right with the goemetry (assuming it wasn't removed and replaced incorrectly).
    It could be something twisted or whatever underneath and could be causing uneven tyre wear.
    It could fail if the wheel alignment is out but they would have to find the source of the fault.

Advertisement