Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa Comic Challenge

Options
  • 08-11-2007 6:35pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ztoical came up with a rather good suggestion in the main Comic Challenge thread which I thought was worthy of its own thread, so here we are. The premise is simple - it's Secret Santa, only with comics. If you're interested in taking part, post up in this thread. After a certain time, someone will do some matching up and you'll be given the name of someone in this thread. You then have to create a 1-page comic for that person.

Things we need to sort out:

1) Do the comics get snailmailed to people or emailed? (This will affect the deadlines we work to, so please state your preference when you post up to say you want to take part)

2) Theme? A general Xmas vibe would make sense, but we could equally do something like each person who takes part also suggests a theme, and a second lottery is done to decide the theme drawn for each person. Give a theme suggestion in your post just to be on the safe side.

3) Deadlines? I reckon having a cut-off point of the 30th of November to join up would give people enough time to start drawing and get their comics done, but those people who want to snail-mail their comics may need extra time, so we'll see how many people are interested by, say, the 21st of November and then see how we go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Seeing as I suggested the idea I guess I'd better sign up :D I don't mind snail mail or email.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

put my name down, snail mail or email doesnt really matter, nor does quality :) though stuff in the post is always a nice surprise. quality of the one i'll be sending definitley not guarnetted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

stuff in the post is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I'm going to sign up for this one which may be a surprise, and I say go snail mail. Not just because I haven't yet sorted out my own scanner problems, but also because who wouldn't love some original art done especially for them in the post for Christmas?

Advertisement