Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat arrival only in resorts?!?

Options
  • 08-11-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm trying to organise a trip myself this time with some friends (last 2 years went with direct ski). flights are grand but not finding accom easy at the moment. Does anyone know if they'll accpet us arriving on say a Tue rather than a Sat? or is it normally a given that you arrive on a sat?

Trying to get accom for 8 people in Saalbach in Feb.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Idioteque wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm trying to organise a trip myself this time with some friends (last 2 years went with direct ski). flights are grand but not finding accom easy at the moment. Does anyone know if they'll accpet us arriving on say a Tue rather than a Sat? or is it normally a given that you arrive on a sat?

Trying to get accom for 8 people in Saalbach in Feb.

Thanks
    Tbh I think you can forget about it (you're talking Saalbach AND Febúary). If you were staying Tuesday to Saturday you might have a chance (or you could pay for the extra days) but most of Austria is unfortunately Sat- sat.

I always do a few weekend trips and generally they are either to smaller resorts, out of main season, or organised in the 2 weeks before we go. With 8 people I can't see any of them being a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Agree mostly with above, DIY trips main problem is to marry cheap flights (mid-week) with accomodation which in Austria is usually Sat to Sat. Mid week accom. is usually available if your persistent enough,off peak, eg January and then usually only B and B or appartment accomodation. Hotels almost never offer midweek to midweek unless only at the very last minute.
    Saalbach is very much a "hotel" based resort so I would'nt reckon much for your chances, especially in February. Your best bet would be to contact the local tourist office, they will give you a list of smaller b+b's and pensions,perhaps a little outside of the village. Alternatively stay somewhere a little further away and hire a car/minibus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Check out local youth hostels. Most of them are very comfortable, and are more likely to take you for odd days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I've sent you a PM about this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I know my boyfriend and his family go to Saalbach mid week in March most years, sometimes go sat-sat. They stay in Maishofen. There's a free bus in the morning from there to Saalbach and the bus from there to the airport in Salzburg is only €10!

I know they stay in an apartment there, I think it's cheaper than staying in resort. You can also go to Zell am See from there...

Look into it, I don't know much about it myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement