Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

covering up a big tattoo

Options
  • 08-11-2007 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

When I was 16, I got a big tattoo on one bum cheek. It's about 8 inches square with red, black green and blue. The problem is, it was badly done and just looks rubbish. Now, 8 years later, I want to do something about it. I don't mind the fact that I have a tat, or where it is or the size that it is now, I just don't want such a rubbish one. Laser treatment is something I don't have the money for, and I have read that it can leave scarring and sometimes make the tat even darker. So, I want to cover it with a different one. The prob is, the tattoo artist told me that to cover it, he would have to put a much bigger one over the top, and my choice of design would be limited.. I definitely don't want it to be any bigger. Does anyone know if this information is correct? I would get a second opinion but there are no other tat artists around here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

post a pic an let us have a look! :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah itl have to be a bit larger than the original tattoo.
    where are ya based? might be worth travelling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I don't mind it being a bit bigger, but the bloke said it would have to be several times the size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 goodforsomethin

Wilburt wrote: »
    yeah itl have to be a bit larger than the original tattoo.
    where are ya based? might be worth travelling...
    sorry to say but sometimes it's hard to cover up and be happy with the outcome it will be quite dark to cover it have you asked about redoing the original tattoo and add a bit extra to it like some high lights i done this after a cover up didn't turn out as i expected i was far happier with it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

No need for that now Chessplayer.One more report about your posts and Im banning you.

• Advertisement

id say people could see your ass cheek pretty easily - swimming, mooning, being nekkid, greco roman wrestling, getting "jiggy" with it as some young people say nowadays!!

Just get it covered or incorporate it into some bigger piece maybe running down your leg? or up your back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Wilburt wrote: »
    getting "jiggy" with it as some young people say nowadays!!

i just woke up someone two rooms away laughing at that :D priceless! :D

I don't mind getting the picture itself recoloured, but the thing is there are also 2 large scrolls with writing in them which I don' want any more. The tattoo artist said he could cover the writing by making the scrolls full of leaves instead but scrolls full of leaves would look a bit stupid and pointless. I don't know what else to cover that bit with.

It's on your ass so no one can see it anyway. Unless you are pulling mooners

It reaches high enough up that if I'm wearing low slung jeans or bend over or something you can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

As Wilburt points out--youre in the wrong forum for posts like this was.

• Advertisement

"Tatoos look crap anyway." :o
    haha think you are in the wrong forum to be slandering tattoos there buddy!!

Get part of it removed year by year. Tatoos look crap anyway.

I have looked into tattoo removal, and for the colours that I have, it seems tattoo removal would not work on all of mine, it may even make it worse. I want to think of something to fill the scrolls with but I have no artistic talent whatsoever.

Advertisement