Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends/relatives staying with you at the dorm

• 08-11-2007 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

As I will be situated at Thomond Village for the next spring semester, I was wondering, what's the policy on having friends stay with you in your dorm room? Let's say... two friends or family members want to spend a weekend visiting you but they don't want to stay at a B&B. Is it something which you can do or get away with...?

I was reading on the FAQ list that friends/relatives are allowed at the dorm prior to negiotiating with the Village Manager. Are there any criteria that need to be approved for someone to crash at ur room?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Say nothing, they wont notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Afaik its just for insurance purposes they do that - you sign overnight visitors in. But yeah, just don't say anything, theres no major drama about it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

There will be no problems having people over in your apartment. We have all been doing it for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

There's no problem doing it. As far as I can remember, Albert (Plassey mgr) told us in 1st year that it's just in case of fire or other evacuation. They want to know how many people there is to get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

Maybe... just maybe, putting up timber planks for the walls of dromreo and Thomond was not the greatest idea, especiall in ireland. Now they look all muldew rotted from the irish rain and im sure it doesnt help the fire hazard. Im sure it looked nice a while ago, but now the exterior looks depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

true true, what does that have to do with the thread? but yea therl be no problem with having people stay over, iv been doing it for the last few months with no prbob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ivorygal

I've lived on campus for years, it's not a problem - they never notice!

Advertisement