Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advanced Driver Training: has anyone here done it?

Options
  • 08-11-2007 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about how good it is, how much it improves your skills, safety etc.

Also, how much does a standard course cost, which company is best, and does it reduce your insurance premium?

Thanks in advance for any advice tendered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I done that 'Ignition' course thing with Hibernian a few years back. I only done it in order to get a somewhat reasonable quote (at the time it was reasonable anyway, €2,000 on a '90 Micra, I was 18 at the time, this was before Quinn started doing cheap insurance). It was alright as far as the course went, they showed videos of drivers awareness and what not. However, the actual course in the car itself felt too much like the driving test (i.e. 10-2 hand position, etc.) and the tester I got was quite arrogant. After I completed it, I just drove my car like I always did. I guess its up to the individual person to make the effort after they do the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Thanks Max Damage.

I'm thinking more about the Irish School of Motoring's course. I'd like to improve my skills and safety awareness, but I'd also like it to shove my insurance costs downward.

I rang Quinn Direct and they tell me that if I do the course, it'll knock nothing off my insurance, so that in itself is not, unfortunately, incentive enough. Which I happen to think is very bad of Quinn, actually.

They should be willing to reward drivers who've demonstrated a commitment to safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Yeah but if they did that nothing would change since you would still get people like Max Damage who do a course and dont change a thing about theyre driving.

Advertisement