Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought Pro Evo 2008 for the PC and...

Options
  • 08-11-2007 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

...surprise surprise it doesn't work properly. Now on the back of the case it says it supports Nvidia GeForce 6800, but when I run the game the graphics for the matches are absolutely atrocious. I have an Asus V9999LE with 128mb DDR, whatever that means...

I have the last Pro Evo, Madden 2007, NHL '07 and '08, Fifa '07 and '08 and have never had a problem running them, the graphics are nothing short of quality.

When I go to the settings in the Start Menu, it has the "quality" settings marked at "low" and the resolution at 640x480. However, when I go to change the quality it won't let me, and the only other resolution option is 720x480. The message I get when trying to change the quality is "The settings cannot be reflected due to the video cards specifications". I installed the newest version of DirectX, the one that was on the CD, and still nothing.

Is there anything that can be done or should I return it to the shop? Was really looking forward to playing it tonight. Looks like its not to be. Is there anywhere else I might get an answer online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

There's a useful third party tool called kitserver whose main function will be to import kits, logos, etc..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055176483

However it also lets you manipulate a couple of graphical & level-of-detail settings that Konami strangely doesn't want you to :S

You should have a play around with it to find the best setting for your comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Will give that a try now, cheers. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Cheers man, it blue-screens on high quality but medium seems fine. Higher res helps as well. I owe you one!

Now, to give the game a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

How much RAM u running?? just changed from 1024mb, to 4gbs, makes a massive diff!

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I've a 6800GT. I just upgraded my forceware drivers to 169.04 from 163. It made a noticeable difference performance-wise and I can now run PES2008 on high @1024 without much slowdown at all. I also used kitserver's lodcfg to set switch 0/1 and 1/2 to 0.100 which slightly increases performance at the cost of graphical quality.

I've also got a AMD64 3500+ with 1024GB of good fast RAM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Anyone know whats up with the crappy network play?

Like its all messed up, goals that arent actually goals, tackles that arent tackles, it's just unplayable on some occasions.

Advertisement