Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Eircom

Options
  • 08-11-2007 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking of leaving Eircom and moving to Smart. Do I have to inform Eircom? Will they want the wifi router back? Is it a good move?!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You have to cancel your broadband (if you have any) on the line. I was told to return my router, though I keep forgetting :D

For me, it has been a great move. Good speeds, and better prices!

Just be prepared for downtime in between the switchover. If really unlucky, it can take weeks. It took 5 working days for me, though I was just damn lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

I'm with ST since the begining and I'm a happy camper. I too keep forgeting to 'return' my router. I get 6MB for 45 euro per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Byte,

Were you under contract when you moved?

I want to change but dont want to have to buy out the contract obviously

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I cancelled my Eircom this week and the asked for the router back! Hmmm where did I put it...

On another note: does the Eircom router work with any other BB provider??

I cancelled my Eircom this week and the asked for the router back! Hmmm where did I put it...

On another note: does the Eircom router work with any other BB provider??

Were you under contract?

My eircom router is still in the box heh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I was indeed under contract! Does that make a difference?

I just want to know if Ericom tried to make you pay for the remaining months on the contract, or if it all went through smoothly.

I have ordered Smart, but i know Eircom are going to block it.

Advertisement