Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goals on Sunday

• 08-11-2007 9:10pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kriss Kamara and .......

What happened the dude that used to present the show with Kriss? He seems to have fallen off the face of the planet. Did Sky give him the boot?

I meant to ask this ages ago. I haven't noticed it mentioned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

john salako?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Don't think that's his name.

The dude on the right: http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1158088.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Rob McCaffery, he got a job in Asia, presenting Premier League matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭sdanseo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Apres Match anyone?

1850 5050 4040 3030 2020 101010

• Advertisement

"Tomlinson was axed from the show in October 2007 for failing to apoligise for an outburst from West Ham goalkeeper Stephen Bywater, who used a derogatory term live on air, and is yet to be replaced."

What did she say? 1st i heard of this..:confused:

Thanks all. Showtime Arabia eh?

No-one has really settled into the role with Kriss the few times I've seen it anyway. You'd think they would have had somone decent in place.

Bywater said the C word and she didn't apologise. Sky have said that she wasn't disciplined and is apparently taking a break due to stress and depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

JeanClaude wrote: »
    "Tomlinson was axed from the show in October 2007 for failing to apoligise for an outburst from West Ham goalkeeper Stephen Bywater, who used a derogatory term live on air, and is yet to be replaced."

He said c*nt live on air and she just continued as if nothing had happened.

JeanClaude wrote: »

I'm digging now..

At the time of writing, she is not presenting 'Goals on Sunday' after being placed on leave for 2 months. This followed an infamous interview with the Derby County goalkeeper Steven Bywater where he spelled out an obscenity during an anecdote and was not reprimanded for it by Tomlinson or co-presenter Chris Kamara

Source

• Advertisement

Make sense now.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Apres Match anyone?

1850 5050 4040 3030 2020 101010

Qué

keano_afc wrote: »
    He said c*nt live on air and she just continued as if nothing had happened.

Is it online anywhere???

Qué

Apres Match do a great skit on "You're on Sky Sports".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Speaking of Stephen Bywater, I always find myself chuckling at this interview...

Classic stuff, he looks as if he comes very close to losing the rag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Is it there job to reprimand him?

I remember when Henrick Larson said the word $hit in the interview after they beat Blackburn in the Uefa cup. Nothing was said.

Everyone in the pub looked around and were like "did he just say that?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Probably because if it was Uefa cup, it would have been after 9pm. This was in the morning when kids were watching. Im sure they never heard profanity before in their lives and are now ruined because of it.

I could never understand the big deal that is made when people use obsenities accidently on TV. Granted, it doesn't get more offensive than c*nt.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Apres Match do a great skit on "You're on Sky Sports".
    I see. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Archimedes wrote: »
    Probably because if it was Uefa cup, it would have been after 9pm. This was in the morning when kids were watching. Im sure they never heard profanity before in their lives and are now ruined because of it.

Fair enough.
    Forgot that it would have been on so early!

Advertisement