Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using car stereo indoors ?

• 08-11-2007 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

I am looking to install a ultra low budget sounds system in the kitchen / dining room of a new house i am building (my go with something more professional in years to come). I have very high ceilings (15ft) and will have 2 speakers to the front and 2 to the back, all wired back to the island in the kitchen. I can get speakers to suit whatever hi-fi system or equivalent i get .... the problem is what sort of system.
    My preferred criteria are something very small but that could nonetheless make full use of say 4 x 50W speakers. So, was thinking about incorporating a car stereo (Lidl are doing one again shortly again i see for less than €100 which would support this) into the top of a cupboard in the island, making a little shelf for it (and cutting out a piece of the cupboard door so that the front face of the car stereo can be seen even when the cupboard is closed). I know i would also need an AC to DC converter something like http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/heavy-duty-voltage-converter.html .... not sure if specs are ok yet.

The theory sounds ok to me but is there anything i am missing ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

it all seems pretty sound to me but just make sure your speakers arent too heavy for the stereo and also that you have an aerial of somesort. it wouldnt have to be seen...even a cable(like the ones you get with hifi system) should suffice. have you a way of securing the stereo soundly into the cupboard. cool idea i must say. thought about doing it years ago but lack of cash time and motivation deterred me!! pls update me on how it goes!!

Advertisement