Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swing gyde

• 08-11-2007 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi guys, I used a swing gyde in a lesson tonight, the pro reckons you can't get them in Ireland, do you know if this is the case or where i could purchase one from? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Talk Cents wrote: »
    Hi guys, I used a swing gyde in a lesson tonight, the pro reckons you can't get them in Ireland, do you know if this is the case or where i could purchase one from? Thanks

Try this link $26.95 dollars

http://www.break90golftrainingaids.com/swing_gyde.html

Sorry ..they don't ship worldwide!

Try this one!

http://golftrainingstuff.com/catalog/i82.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

You obviously found it effective then? How does it work and why did your pro think it would benefit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Davkie

I got mine from American Golf in Tallaght although that was a few years ago. I am sure I have seen them in some of the shops since then.
    Certainly it is one of the better training aids out there , one of the few I still use out of the many I have. As a general rule I have found that if a device is designed to allow you to actually hit balls with it you will get far more benefit out of it.
    The swinggyde is used by alot of pros including Zach Johnson who uses one every time on the range.

Davkie wrote: »
    I got mine from American Golf in Tallaght although that was a few years ago. I am sure I have seen them in some of the shops since then.
    Certainly it is one of the better training aids out there , one of the few I still use out of the many I have. As a general rule I have found that if a device is designed to allow you to actually hit balls with it you will get far more benefit out of it.
    The swinggyde is used by alot of pros including Zach Johnson who uses one every time on the range.

Yeah I've seen pros use it... What exactly is it designed to do? or stop you doing?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Talk Cents

Hi guys, thanks for your response.
    For me i was tending the slice the ball so this helped me on the plane I was bring back the club (forearm and wrist) it also keeps you in correct position on the follow through. Even using it for half an hour last night it really built up distance and power. Hopefully I can build up the muscle memory and discard it then!

• Advertisement

Hi guys, thanks for your response.
    For me i was tending the slice the ball so this helped me on the plane I was bring back the club (forearm and wrist) it also keeps you in correct position on the follow through. Even using it for half an hour last night it really built up distance and power. Hopefully I can build up the muscle memory and discard it then!

Personally, I wouldn't discard it - muscle memory fades (Oh don't I know it!) so it's something you should still use regularly even if it appears to have "served it's purpose" so to speak...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Talk Cents

Yes, agreed, it is probably something that would be handy to have in range to generally check your swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Davkie

Here you go http://www.swingyde.com.au/default.html

Basically it helps get you onplane in the backswing and by keeping the device resting against your forearm on the downswing prevents you hitting from the top with your hands which is one of the biggest faults for us hackers.

I saw Zach Johnson using this at the Ryder cup and he was able to keep it resting against his forearm all the way from the top of his backswing through to the end of the swing. Although with his type of swing he has a total body release of the club with very little hand action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭delboy159

My biggest problem by far is casting on the downswing. I've had a few video lessons and the pro sorted my set up, shoulder turn, wrist cock on backswing etc., and he is pretty happy with 90% of the aspects of my basic swing (we wont talk about chipping putting though) and has shown me the positives on the computer screen. Anyway my hands are virtually never ahead of the clubhead at impact - I cast very badly which is killing consistency and power. I know what I'm doing wrong, but taking that step to actually train the body to "cop itself on" is becoming very difficult. Any lesson I have now seems to spend 5 minutes sorting one or two little things and then the rest of it is back to the casting... There have been days when I've managed to click and get the late release on the wrists and this has resulted in my drives going from 210/220 at bestto 250+ yrds easily - with what feels like an easier swing.. I can then easily get a run of pars without doing anything that good - but once I loose that feeling I'm back to shorter shots, chunks/tops etc.

Would this devise be good at maintaining the wrist cock on the downswing??? Or is it really for another purpose???

Advertisement