Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are all the Wiis gone?

• 08-11-2007 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Are they holding them back?

Has anyone here bought one in the US?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Out of stock in the UK and most of Europe too I believe. Give eBay a try, there's a fair few on there and I'll be putting 3 up in the next few days too. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Bought one in argos yesterday, reserved it online, didnt have nay trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Glasgow and Manchester this week had none in stock in the likes of Woolworths, Game, Virgin (didn't try Argos).
    Wonder are Nintendo holding them back to create a shortage and then we're going to have the usual "must have, can't get" Christmas pressie this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Wonder are Nintendo holding them back to create a shortage and then we're going to have the usual "must have, can't get" Christmas pressie this year?

They have to be, there is now way the Wii is so popular that it's still getting sold out after a year of sales and that Nintendo can't keep up with demand.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

In fairness, Nintendo did announce a month ago (someone put up a thread about it) that they would be in short supply. Luckily I went in that Saturday and got one from Smyths who were the only ones with them in Cork. Argos had it on their website yesterday to ring and reserve.

• Advertisement

Argos had it on their website yesterday to ring and reserve

This product cannot be reserved according to Ring and Reserve! :confused:

and none of the Dublin stores have any in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The wii is in massive demand, Nintendo had to use extra factories last year to keep up with Christmas orders.
    I'd say if you order one now you'd definitely get one well before Christmas though!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

This product cannot be reserved according to Ring and Reserve! :confused:

and none of the Dublin stores have any in stock.

Still showing on the web as ring and reserve - One small problem -They don't seem to have stock anywhere.

My brother in Tesco told me last week they were selling them for around €200 and they were flying out of the store!

My brother in Tesco told me last week they were selling them for around €200 and they were flying out of the store!

That was the rebate on them back in clubcard vouchers.
    They were €269 and u got 30% back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Brother in law picked one up today in Finglas (not sure where).

They had four, for about four minutes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Accessories seem to be in short supply too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Brother in law picked one up today in Finglas (not sure where).

They had four, for about four minutes....

The boot of some honda civic probably...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

Re the demand angle, if you look on the discussion boards on Rollercoaster.ie you'll see why - I think it is on loads of 6-14 yr old santa list! It takes a year for us mums to give in to pester power!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Check out the Nintendo board on here too, the wii drought is going to get worse between now and christmas. If you do really want one, keep looking and don't wait around. Tey are only going to get scarcer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Same as last xmas it was bad,at 12 midnight anyone who reserved and didnt collect thier wii from argos goes back in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I work in an Xtra Vision and were had loads in September/October. We would get at least 10-15 consoles in each week's delivery and all would be sold by the end of the week. So it was at least 10 consoles a week being sold,so there is a huge demand for them.

Now you can only prebook them until Sunday where prebooks are being stopped and you more than likely won't get one. Wii Remotes are also in very short supply. We havn't had any in several weeks,whereas we got about 20 Nunchuks in today. Not muhc good on their own! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Rael

Game in Dawson Street got a delivery in this morning, I picked one up at lunchtime for a xmas present for someone. I know game in Blanchardstown don't have any.

HMV Grafton Street told me at 10:10am on the phone that they had "loads" in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭65bl

Bought one on Tuesday in gamestop in Cavan ( i think thats the name - new shop by the egg market) andthere seemed to be a few in stock. Based on the shortage in tesco during the previous week, i bought this as soon as iknew it was available.

Santa might just come to 65bl junior this year ......... throaty cough cough....... little tear........

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭65bl

65bl wrote: »
    Bought one on Tuesday in gamestop in Cavan ( i think thats the name - new shop by the egg market) andthere seemed to be a few in stock. Based on the shortage in tesco during the previous week, i bought this as soon as iknew it was available.

Santa might just come to 65bl junior this year ......... throaty cough cough....... little tear........

Just spilt some red wine on the desk and part of the keyboard ........ Santa is not happy..... Dont know what hurts more - spilling the wine on the keyboard or missing out on that last succulent mouthful?????

• Advertisement

You won't be drinking wine when 65bl jnr goes to bed after xmas ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd say kids didn't get them under the tree so mammy and daddy are buying early this year

got one last christmas at fairly short notice from a friend of my dad's

Advertisement