Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom at it again

Options
  • 08-11-2007 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Up until recently my connection ( home starter 2 mb ) eircom package was " fine ". But recently it has been dropping alot and also now my routing to anywhere has gone weird , which makes it impossible for me to play online. Before my pings on average were 38 to the uk , 50 to germany and 45 to the netherlands. Now my routing is giving me alot of packetloss to everyserver outside of ireland , pings to de are now 80 , nl 80 and double also @ uk servers.

Im from the south east region , kilkenny , wondering if anyone else has had these problems.. I tryed ringing eircom but they maintain there is no problem. The pings are " stable " so its not a issue about overload on the exchange , im basically right beside the exchange.

Its really a big issue for me since im a gamer playing UT3 and its so frustrating
    any replys wud be grateful thanks - bbs this ping problem happens everynight after say 6 o clock for the last 4 days , before that time my routing seems to be fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Sounds very like contention if its after 6 only when it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

forgot to mention that my 2nd hop in tracert is giving
    "request timed out"
    duno whats causing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TramoreTom

im with UtvInternet and they use eircom lines and i have the 3MB package and recently its gone way down i used to get a rate of about 2.7Mb/s on www.irishisptest.com where as at the moment im only getting a rate of just under a Megabyte ive mailed off UTV to see whats going on cause i aint paying for a 3mb package to get a 1mb package speed no reply off them yet but when i hear anything will post it on here cause last time this happened they blamed eircom for slowing things down when upgrading their speeds so hopefully they are going to tell me they are doubling the speeds again will keep ye posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tom Duffy

We do not use the internet that much but have noticed packet loss on some sites outside Ireland. Everything we ring Eircom about we get the standard there are not problems response. :( The thing is Eircom have people in the midlands in a vice because many cannot get other types of broadband that is any better.

Even loading a favourite US based webpage after 6pm can be intolerably slow and it is not the website because users outside Ireland are loading it fine.

Eircom have almost control of communications in Ireland. Because of that they have a large and captive customer base. As that custom grows, Eircom need to facilitate it instead of letting the whole shebang congest itself into mayhem.

I have problems with the technical support telephone number because they constantly insist they are not technicians and know nothing about technical problems. I get comments like 'We are only the support line and not technicians'. That is fine but there should be constant communication between the technicians and the support people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Had the exact same problem as you nuxxx. From about 6pm to 11pm each day i could hardly use it (lasted 3 weeks). Gave eircom a good few phone calls and the problem is gone now. I don't think eircom did anything to fix the problem as some nights it still is bad. But its a big improvement over what it was like.

They did not find any problem and the problem seems to have sorted its self out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Connection in Limerick has gone mad also, i can't seem to connect to www.station-drivers.com

And other websites are loading slowly or not connecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Im with IOL who use Eircom also i believe and have similar problems. Right now i can connect fine to boards but 99.9% of sites just time out. Have been having these problems for about a month or so now. Usually it happens about 6pm-6.30pm up until about 1-2am but these days it seems to be most of the day also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

lo m8 , your from waterford so i guess its a similar prob
    the times u mentioned at the EXACT same as mine 6-11
    really weird.. im gona ring them again and see whats up , thanks all for your replies and of course more are welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Nalced_irl wrote: »
    Im with IOL who use Eircom also i believe and have similar problems. Right now i can connect fine to boards but 99.9% of sites just time out. Have been having these problems for about a month or so now. Usually it happens about 6pm-6.30pm up until about 1-2am but these days it seems to be most of the day also.

Shrrr what more do you want...at least you can get to Boards!!

Advertisement