Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

locked threads?

Options
  • 08-11-2007 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

can anyone tell me the reason for closing a thread? i posted a query and mentioned the name of a medication while asking for other peoples experience ans next thing i know its locked, then on a diff subject seen that someone else had done v similiar by mentioning a medicication, and replies were allowed?????
    would be usefull for users for an edit letting them know why briefly (so as not to cause repeat offending!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It depends, best thing to do is read the charter for the forum you are posting on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Can you post a link to the thread to help us better understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

Can you post a link to the thread to help us better understand?

dont understand how exactly how to do this, but it was posted in the parenting forum, and i had read the rules charter that hadnt mentioned anything???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

beaushalloe

The locked thread appears to ask about the safety of certain medications during pregnancy, and as a result I can understand why it was locked, questions like this need to be addressed to someone who is trained and can give proper medical advice like your GP or your consultant, medical experts who can look at you medical history & your current medications and give an informed opinion.

You say that similar questions were permitted or the thread went unlocked, it is possible that the thread was missed by the moderators or alternatively was not asking for or giving medical advice.

V.

Advertisement