Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

406 satnav

Options
  • 08-11-2007 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I have just bought a peugeot 406 with built in satnav ,when i put in the cd rom the display says cd rom :confused:is unreadable, the cd has a few scratches i cleaned cd but still the same. can anyone help,is the cd rom faulty or the unit that the cd rom goes into. it is the navtec cd rom 2005 UK/Ireland.
    Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

macpete wrote: »
    snip- can anyone help,is the cd rom faulty or the unit that the cd rom goes into.- snip

It is of course possible that the Sat Nav unit itself is faulty and not reading an ok CD - but its much more likely that the CD itself is scratched from bouncing around the glove-box for too long etc.

Try http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratched-CD

- Also Maplins sell an excellent motorised Disc repairer which polishes out scratches via an automatic cycle [€30ish?] - well worth having as it is then on standby for all of your CDs[mucic or data]/DVDs/games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

thanks for the reply, I put the cd in my laptop and it showed the files but could not open them with out the proper programe, I took the disc out and tried it in car and it worked for a few seconds and then froze.took out disc and tried it again it said cdrom unreadable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

macpete wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, I put the cd in my laptop and it showed the files but could not open them with out the proper programe, I took the disc out and tried it in car and it worked for a few seconds and then froze.took out disc and tried it again it said cdrom unreadable.

Hi Mac - point 3 from the above link in post #2 [did ya have a look ? ??] should have piqued your interest. Likelyhood of sucess ~99% ;)
    Burn a new disc. If you can get the CD to work in one CD player—especially your computer’s—but not in others, try burning a new disc. The CD burning utility on your computer may be able to read the CD well enough to produce a perfect copy. You may wish to try this even if the CD doesn’t play correctly on the computer.

Advertisement