Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Broadband?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

hey i dont have a phoneline and Digiweb and IBB are not available in my area.. what other options do i have? satellite any good? has anyone heard of this crowd? http://www.b-dsl.net/index.php living outside waterford city (dungarvan)

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

you could try mobile broadband if you have no other choice i get 1 meg with vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Their cheaper packages are just download accelerator for the phoneline.

Professional, reliable 2 way Internet via Satellite is closer to 100 Eur a month, and available everywhere. Did you ring Digiweb or just check the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

just checked the website.. should i ring?

How would you rate vodafone then? many downfalls?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can end up getting dialup speeds or even no connection as Mobile Phone Company broadband gets more used (O2, 3, Vodaphone). All three use the same technology and modems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Is Casey Cablevision not an option where you live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

DMC wrote: »
    Is Casey Cablevision not an option where you live?

Hey sorry for delay wasn't online.. Yes it is but.. They only do internet on the condition that you get cable form them as well.. And this comes to 80 euro a month.. We already have Sky set up on a direct debit so this would be alot of hassle for house mates etc.. wouldnt really be fair giving them less channels for more more per month..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Try O2 and then Vodafone. O2 are supposed to be pretty decent (7 day trial so bring it back promptly if it isn't as good as you want it to be).

I'd also recommend looking for fixed wireless operators in your area if you've not already because they'd be better than satellite operators although post here so people can tell you about experiences.

Advertisement