Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Novel recommendation?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Anyone got some recommendations for some good graphic novels or omnibus type yokes?
    Used to be mad into collecting comics but I'm just not up for the stress of rushing for new issues etc these days.

Recently read Watchmen and loved it, and a The Darkness collection which was good but it was released to coincide with the game so it wasn't a very clever collection of issues, really just tried to justify the butchered storyline in the game.
    Currently working my way through the Preacher comics too.
    Read two Batman novels that were excellent... can't exactly remember the name but it's where Batmans all old and Superman works for Lex Luthor (actually, now that I think about it...it's pretty much a less intelligent Watchmen ripoff. Hmmm) .

Anyhows, so, yeah, advise away. Something like Watchmen would be great, but I only bought that because it gets talked about so much... I'm sure there are a few more "legendary" titles but I don't know them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

might want to have a look through this thread

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

As per ztoical's comment, have a look at the charter and check the threads linked under "What should I read next/Recommendations" section. With something along the lines of 50 pages of discussion about what's worth reading or not, I'm going to start pointing people at them more, as there have been lots of instances of similar threads to this and they usually seem to end up with the same recommendations over and over again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement