Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord 2008

Options
  • 09-11-2007 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

according to the honda uk website honda.co.uk the new accord will be on sale in the uk mid 2008.

the tail lights look very similar to the current model. bit too much chrome/silver on the grille,
    still needs some tweaking... and a few more engine choices available too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Headlights look somewhat like the current Civic saloon. Not particularly fond of them as they look too far apart. Tho the rest of that Tourer looks better than the current model. The huge flanks on the current one make the back wheels look tiny.

Altho gimme the Coupe that the yanks are currently getting any day!
    2008-Honda-Accord-Coupe%5B2%5D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Its typical Japanese on the looks department - bland. Though the Coupé looks well.

E92 wrote: »
    Its typical Japanese on the looks department - bland. Though the Coupé looks well.
    Not bold, but not bland either. The Accord has been one of the better looking cars in its class. Looks miles better than the Mondeo, Mazda-6, Avensis etc. Ok, so it can't touch the A4 or E-class in terms of Yorkie-bar-ness.

No doubt Honda won't bring it in in anything under a 2.0.

Speaking of 3 box saloons, any word on the new Avensis?

No doubt Honda won't bring it in in anything under a 2.0.
    It's too heavy for anything less than a 2.0. I've read rumours of a 1.6 diesel engine on the way from Honda, so maybe...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

JHMEG wrote: »
    It's too heavy for anything less than a 2.0. I've read rumours of a 1.6 diesel engine on the way from Honda, so maybe...

i have heard that honda are working on a new diesel engine for the new accord, dont know the size, but i know it will be much cleaner engine than the current 2.2 ..

the new accord will be available with a selection of engines, ( from honda uk)
    hopefully there will be a 2.0 diesel with good bhp..

I presume the new diesel is that 2.2 that can almost meet Euro 6 emission standards? Which will find its way into the Civic Type-R eventually.

And is available in 2 states of tune, one is around the same as the current diesel, and the other is around 180 bhp.

I can't see Honda doing 2 different diesel engine sizes, then again I didn't think Honda would bring a diesel in lieu of a Hybrid to the US(Accord from 09), so it certainly can't be ruled out.

I presume the new diesel is that 2.2 that can almost meet Euro 6 emission standards?
    Nearly sure this is the one. It will be released when it meets Euro 6 afaik.

Advertisement