Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opposition players you are glad aren't on your team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Sizzler wrote: »
    A few people have said Eboue...why :confused:

He's a diving bollocks (Champions League Final 2006 for evidence). Eboue could be a great player but he has to cut out all that play acting ****e. He's the closest thing we have to Ronaldo in those terms :p Seriously though, I don't think any fan would want their players at that sort of ****e. Unless you're Portuguese or Spanish of course.

And lads the last 12 or so posts have just turned this into a "Rival Oppostion Players you hate regardless of how good they are" thread. I could start listing off a heap of Spurs players but it doesn't bother me at all because none of them would get within an asses roar of the current Arsenal team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Melion wrote: »
    Yep, thats it. You know me better than i know myself, you know what players i like and dont like

Nah it's just the schoolground attitude a few people like yourself have.

"He plays for a rival team so would never want him in my team waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Like Eirebear said Stevie G isn't the wholesome player Pool fans make him out to be. I remember he was humming and hawing over Chelsea for a long time. The Everton fans have a good song about it.

That said every club has a player like that, Arsenal had Henry and Vieira, Pool have Gerrard, Chelsea had Drogba, Lampard and Terry, Man Utd had Heinze, Van Nistelrooy and you could argue Keane too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Unearthly wrote: »
    Nah it's just the schoolground attitude a few people like yourself have.

"He plays for a rival team so would never want him in my team waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Id love Giggs, Evra, Vidic, Rooney, Tevez at Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

while i agree about every club having 1 player like that.......

ya cant really compare the gerrard and drogba things can ya?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Can you remember Drogba's first season the premiership? He was laughable

Yeah it was horrible, we won the league :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

DerKaiser wrote: »
    Typical bitter scouser, Drogba worth three times your entire team,
    players I would not like to have, let's just start with the entire 'pool team, bar Riise

Please explain how I'm a "typical bitter scouser"

The man is a disgrace and only a chelski fan can say otherwise. If he just played football he'd be a great player but he doesn't. Its this crap everybody hates

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=TZFifXT1N8k

Yeah it was horrible, we won the league :D

And how did Drogba play?

• Advertisement

I dont even know how Chelsea fans can defend him, take all the diving and messing out, and he still said he doesnt like the club, never wanted to move there and cant wait to leave?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

There's plenty of mugs I'd hate to see at Utd but they're all pretty poor players so would never have the chance anyway! I'm trying to think of big name players who could realistically be at Utd and I can't really think of any?

Possibly Carragher because i just don't rate him as highly as most but that said I do like his commitment and he always gives his all.

Outside the premiership Gattuso. Again a fully committed player but grossly over rated and his attitude can stink at times - like goading Heinze ...and Poulsen at Schalke after respective Champions League triumphs.

....Oh and way to save Melions bacon Mr Alan;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Id love Giggs, Evra, Vidic, Rooney, Tevez at Liverpool

I hope you don't mean todays Giggs :D

Id rather have a player who doesnt think he is bigger than the team(and dont try to be smart and mention Gerrard), one who keeps his private life out of the rags. He's a great player(not as good as people make out, not top 10 in the world) but i just cant stand him.
    And id rather Finnan and Arbeloa to Neville

Why did u get in there about bein smart about Gerrard? Is that cos it could be argued to be true just like u are arguing about Ronaldo taking himself over the team? If it wasnt u wouldnt have brought it up in a pre emptive way. gerrard the other night, for example, is on the receiving end of a beautiful flick from Voronin and scores a deflection, then runs off to do some stupid gimmick celebration rather than celebrate with Voronin. Then when Voronin comes to him he gets no eye contact n a pat on the side. No big deal but thats the sort of selfish thing that i see ronaldo get slated for by fans and pundits alike every week.

What is that about Ronaldo's private life in the rags? Gerrard is the one married to a bird who flaunts publicity just the same as Rooney will be and Beckham before them. Ive heard nothin about Ronaldo flauntin publicity. Bar the glory huntin on the pitch I havent heard anything about Ronaldo's private life in the rags other than the usual ****e the media come up with. He never confirmed or denied he was datin Gemma Atkinson and all the other stuff (rumours of his sexual exploits for example) are pure heresay. The only reason he's in the paper so much is cos of on the field matters. Sounds like you're just bitter and hate him cos he plays for United. If u dont rate him as a player

Taking Finnan over Neville maybe, theres nothing between them IMO, Neville probably more solid defensively, Finnan better going forwad. Arbeloa over neville is a joke and confirms the bitter bias.

Why did u get in there about bein smart? Is that cos it could be argued to be true just like u are arguing about Ronaldo? if it wasnt u wouldnt have brought it up in a pre emptive way.

What is that? Gerrard is the one married to a bird who flaunts publicity just like Rooney is. Ive heard nothin about Ronaldo flauntin publicity. Bar the glory huntin on the pitch I havent heard anything about Ronaldo's private life in the rags other than the usual ****e the media come up with. He never confirmed or denied he was datin Gemma Atkinson and all the other stuff (rumours of his sexual exploits for example) are heresay. The only reason he's in the paper so much is cos of on the field matters. Sounds like you're just bitter and hate him cos he plays for United.

Finnan maybe, Arbeloa confirms the bitter bias.

Someone please translate this to english so i can reply properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

lol :D:D

• Advertisement

Callin me out about my use of the English language? Nice cop out mate. And really funny actually if u knew me personally. Just re-read it and yes its a bit all over the place cos it was half typed and I went off for a sec and came back and I didnt bother proof readin it cos as it says in my sig, I dont put efoort in when I argue with an idiot. When u decide to stop judging players and football on emotion maybe u should come back here and argue with reasoning and genuine footballing reasons.

Considering I just went and edited my original post to save u from a banning I have to say that Im disappointed u resort to this sort of sh*te rather than stayin on topic.

Callin me out about my use of the English language? Nice cop out mate. And really funny actually if u knew me personally. Just re-read it and yes its a bit all over the place cos it was half typed and I went off for a sec and came back and I didnt bother proof readin it cos as it says in my sig, I dont put efoort in when I argue with an idiot. When u decide to stop judging players and football on emotion maybe u should come back here and argue with reasoning and genuine footballing reasons.

Considering I just went and edited my original post to save u from a banning I have to say that Im disappointed u resort to this sort of sh*te rather than stayin on topic.

I didnt understand a word of that other post, sorry. I dont judge players on emotion, check back and see that i said id like 5 or 6 United players at Liverpool. I just dont like the bloke, is that ok?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I dont even know how Chelsea fans can defend him, take all the diving and messing out, and he still said he doesnt like the club, never wanted to move there and cant wait to leave?!!

Yeah I'm not best pleased about the "I want away" speeches he's been making in fairness, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt til the end of the season, he's still doing his job so I can't fault him on that,

On the play acting side, he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be, not this season or last season anyway, he does a tremendous job of irritating opposition teams and I love evry aspect of his play tbh, I think je's one of the best strikers in Europe, maybe you agree, maybe you can disagree, but when you strip away all the non footballing stuff and the supposed diving, you have to admit he is a quality striker

i agree he is one of the top in Europe, no doubt about it.

I disagree that he has cut out all his diving etc, he is as bad as ever.

Yeah I'm not best pleased about the "I want away" speeches he's been making in fairness, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt til the end of the season, he's still doing his job so I can't fault him on that,

On the play acting side, he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be, not this season or last season anyway, he does a tremendous job of irritating opposition teams and I love evry aspect of his play tbh, I think je's one of the best strikers in Europe, maybe you agree, maybe you can disagree, but when you strip away all the non footballing stuff and the supposed diving, you have to admit he is a quality striker

He would be a great striker if he just cut out all the bitching and moaning, he has cut down on the diving but is still prone to it every now and again. He has all the qualities to be one of the best strikers in the world but his bad things far outweight the good IMO

• Advertisement

I didnt understand a word of that other post, sorry. I dont judge players on emotion, check back and see that i said id like 5 or 6 United players at Liverpool. I just dont like the bloke, is that ok?

Edited for you now.

Not likin the bloke is one thing but to say you'd hate to have him in your team when he's miles better than any of the wingers u have (your main problem position) is silly.

As for players from Pool who Id like in my team: Gerrard (based on ability, still dont like him at all), Alonso over Carrick, Torres, Reina for the shootous, Agger on the bench and recently Voronin on the bench also.

Edited for you now.

Not likin the bloke is one thing but to say you'd hate to have him in your team when he's miles better than any of the wingers u have (your main problem position) is silly.

As for players from Pool who Id like in my team: Gerrard (based on ability, still dont like him at all), Alonso over Carrick, Torres, Reina for the shootous, Agger on the bench and recently Voronin on the bench also.

I just wouldnt like him at Liverpool for the reason i stated, i dont like him or his attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

yom 1 wrote: »
    Please explain how I'm a "typical bitter scouser"

The man is a disgrace and only a chelski fan can say otherwise. If he just played football he'd be a great player but he doesn't. Its this crap everybody hates

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=TZFifXT1N8k

Thats it Danny Agger. Take no nonsense. The only player I dont like (bar some of Pool's own players like Kuyt and Pennant) is that Joleone Lescott chap. He consistently ruins my fantasy football scores ;)

How cant you like Kuyt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

How cant you like Kuyt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

His diving is no-where near as bad, but he bitches and moans more alright, Kuyt, I didn't like him for PSV or Holland, he scored a fair few goals, and good ones too in his first season, but I've always hd the opinion that he's a bit of a water carrier

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    All of them on the one team would be interesting though! :D

you mean uve never seen west ham play this season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

His diving is no-where near as bad, but he bitches and moans more alright, Kuyt, I didn't like him for PSV or Holland, he scored a fair few goals, and good ones too in his first season, but I've always hd the opinion that he's a bit of a water carrier

Ah you must be confusing that Dirk Kuyt with the one who played for Feyenoord before he moved to Liverpool.

Wouldn't like Barry Ferguson in my team, Ruud van Nistelrooy is a great player but hmmm

get a grip melion, Stevie Me - as good as he is and as much as i love him, is a bit of a gob****e and would do well to keep his mouth closed to the press. im sure the book is garbage - as are all "autobiographies" by footballers nowadays.
    Of course i can sum it all up by just posting G-Unit again : G-G-G-G-G UNIT!!!!

My picks:
    Gary Neville
    Phil Neville
    Neville Neville
    Fatty Lamps (the pie sales in the stands would be down way too much for the local business men as their product would continuosly be knicked, the local Micky D's would be raking it in tho :D )
    Crazy Jens Lehmann
    The comedy duo that is O Shea and Fletcher
    Robbie Earnshaw... back at Derby proving that hes not a prem quality player yet again, ill bet good money that he'll sign for QPR next season... didnt they just get a new billionaire owner? Robbies in, woof!
    Djibril Cisse (again)
    all the scumbag players (Barton, Bellamy etc.)
    t1tfu(k Bramble
    Newcastles back 4 seasons 1956 - present
    Spurs two centre backs, Kaboul and sum1 else sh1t
    Emile Heskey (again again)
    60% odd of houlliers signings in fact, probably more
    Gary Neville's son, in fact, the whole rat faced bloodline.

Ah you must be confusing that Dirk Kuyt with the one who played for Feyenoord before he moved to Liverpool.

Wouldn't like Barry Ferguson in my team, Ruud van Nistelrooy is a great player but hmmm

Feyenoord then, my mistake, busy in work and want to be in t'pub!!!!!!!!!

Jazzy wrote: »

Fatty Lamps (the pie sales in the stands would be down way too much for the local business men as their product would continuosly be knicked, the local Micky D's would be raking it in tho :D )
    QUOTE]

Funny, I've seen him in real life, if he turns sideway he dissapears, he probably weighs less than YOU, let's concentrate on FAT OLD FOWLER NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE PREM ANYMORE! :p

• Advertisement

wat age are you?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Dont stoop to their level Mr. Alan. Remember what happened in the Pool thread. Besides, the names bandied about here about players today are against the charter and I wouldnt be surprised to see a few bannings coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

john o shea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I dont care what a player does as long as they help win matches. However players like Silvestre, O Shea, Bramble, Hyppia cost matches with their inept defending, Robinson atm is a big liabilty in goals, Voronin & Shevchenko(although this may change soon if he improves under Avram) have been awful.

love winding up chelski fans about tons of fun in the midfield ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Have to go for Bramble. How any manager of a premier league team can rate him and pay money for him is beyond me. Utter and total crap. Zat Knight not far behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Lehmann
    Savage
    John o Shea
    Senderos
    Gallas (anymore)
    henry
    Rooney
    Alan Smith

Voronin & Shevchenko(although this may change soon if he improves under Avram) have been awful.

have you watched Voronin out of curiousity? obviously not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

have you watched Voronin out of curiousity? obviously not

Voronin played well against Beskitas but hasn't done much more. I saw him a couple of times live for Leverkusen last season and he just didn't impress me at all. He's just not good enough and I'm sure Liverpool fans will realise this soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Not too pleased about the inclusion of fletcher in alot of peoples' lists. The lad is a fair bit down the pecking order at utd, but he gives it his all whenever he plays.
    Also confused about so little mention of Djimi Traore.

For me it would be Ashley Cole, its bad enough having ferdinand (but on footballing terms i can't fault him)
    Also Eboue, Michael Brown(scumbag), Harry Kewell, Djibril Cisse, Dirk Kuyt, and i'm sure there's more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Funny, I've seen him in real life, if he turns sideway he dissapears, he probably weighs less than YOU,

When was the last time you saw him ?

I saw him very recently, from the front row of the Kop, came up for the corner and he is actually got a bit of a tummy on him. when was it you saw him LIVE ?

As for players I would not have.

Ronaldo, Drogba, Van Persie, Scholes, Neville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

When was the last time you saw him ?

I saw him very recently, from the front row of the Kop, came up for the corner and he is actually got a bit of a tummy on him. when was it you saw him LIVE ?

You're a 'Pool fan aren't you? Those five players added to your current team would almost guarantee you the title:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

cson wrote: »
    That Michael Brown is a nasty piece of work indeed (Not often I have sympathy for a ManYoo player, but ffs the malice in that tackle on Giggs).

Cashley Cole, Manny Eboue, Robbie Savage, Ade Akinbiyi, Titus Bramble etc etc

Wow, a reasonable list. Am shocked. First one of the thread.

Nonsense, Torres a long way to go to prove he's half the player Drogba is, objectively speaking you have some good, proven players, Torres is not one of them, when Torres scores over 30 goals in the prem for yous', come back to me

Why do the kiddies always have to post. Will you grow up, please..

I really dislike them but they are great footballers that I would have no problem with if it they played for Liverpool.

Can we just close this thread as it is a complete joke. It reminds of the school yard when I was 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Not wanting class players apart from Neville kinda tells us why you play shít football , eh ? We only want the longballers.

or maybe it shows that a club is about more than just winning trophies no matter the cost? Drogba is an excellent player, but i wouldnt want him to play for Liverpool. Likewise Mourinho is a great manager, but i would never want him to manage the club i follow, because i feel he has no class.

This is not that difficult to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Jermaine Pennant, Michael Brown, Seth Johnson, Ben Thatcher, Steven Gerrard, Jermaine Jenas. Above all else though would have to be Paul Robinson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Bowyer, Thatcher, Viduka, Traore, Bramble, Lehmann, Ferdinand, Cole, John O'Shea. I'm sure there are more. I dislike(d) a lot of United players, mostly from childhood, but doesn't mean I wouldn't want them in the side - since many\most of them are(were) class. I'm all for giving players a second (or third or fourth in the case of Bellamy) chance to change and start being-a-better-person-or-footballer.

If I could include Liverpool players in the list... I wouldn't want ... well, I don't dislike really any of them enough to want them off the squad. Kewell, I have a soft spot for, otherwise he'd be there. The only Liverpool player I come close to disliking is ... Gerrard, fantastic player that he is. And I can't quite put my finger on why...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I would just like to repeat how strongly I dislike Michael Brown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement