Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire Cancelling in Carlow!

Options
  • 09-11-2007 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

signed up with Clearwire few months ago in centre of Carlow and everything went great for about 6 weeks them BOOOM my speeds fell through the floor!

my 1st hurdle was getting them to believe me and then the fun started with me sending them all my speed test results some showing up to 90mbps download and few seconds later dropping to 100kbps or less!

after two months of trouble-shooting and oft times being ignored by clearwire or having to start the trouble-shooting all over again they have now said they will cancel the contract and are sending a courier on monday to collect the modem!

something just seems odd about this as so many people talk about sending their modems back in some type of jiffey bag provided by clearwire so why send a courier for mine?

i have also requested a refund, well only a part refund of the last two monthly payments as i only had half a service so will not pay full price for that! and they will have to refund the set-up fee of €40 also!they also have failed to inform me of the current contention ratio in the carlow area which is something they are obliged to do on request!

hope this brings light to somoene's day as i know many are under the clearwire cloud!

Advertisement