Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microchip -Changing Info

Options
  • 09-11-2007 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

bought my dog in March this year and she is Microchip, just wondering how I can go about changing the information? I have the Microchip number.

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

MoneyM wrote: »
    bought my dog in March this year and she is Microchip, just wondering how I can go about changing the information? I have the Microchip number.
    When you got her chipped, you should have got a registration card with the number on it from whichever company the chip is registered with. Our cats are registered with Ani-Mark Ireland, but I don't know whether there are others in Ireland. You just need to contact them with your new details. Otherwise contact the vet who did it, I'm sure they'll have a record too,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MoneyM

When we bought the dog the owner never gave us any details only her Microchip number, and I lost the details from the person I bought her off :mad:

Just wondering who I contact to get her information changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Try contacting the relative companies to see if the number belongs to them... I'd say they'l have to get the original owner to consent before they can change the details, but thats your first step

Animark is the most common company I think

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

MoneyM wrote: »
    When we bought the dog the owner never gave us any details only her Microchip number, and I lost the details from the person I bought her off :mad:

Just wondering who I contact to get her information changed?
    Well, I suppose you could try and contact An-Mark then, but I don't know whether they'd change the ownership info without some kind of confirmation from the original owner to avoid problems with theft, etc.. Anyway, Their phone number is 01-2887870. Even if the chip number isn't one of theirs, they should be able to point you to any other companies offering a similar service that it might belong to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MoneyM

Cheers I will do, thanks for the information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

The kennel club have the details they should do it for you.

or see here http://www.dspca.ie/prevent_cruelty_to_animals.php?number=119&sectionnumber=22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Contact your vet, they'll have the number on file & they deal with microchip registration issues every day, they'll be able to provide you with all the info you'll need.

Advertisement