Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pull & Bear [Merged]

Options
  • 09-10-2007 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

i know that pull and bear and topman are gone, i heard that pull and bear lost their lease after debenhams marched on in...

liked some of their clobber in there and it was reasonably well priced, anyone know if they are moving to somewhere else in the city or are they gone for good?

p.s why isnt there a footlocker or urban outfitters in cork either... hmmmm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Urban Outfitters would make a killing in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Well actually Topman has been moved upstairs in Debenhams.
    Unfortunately Pull & Bear is gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Wait for all those new shopping centres being built in town...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

A H&M would be nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Kold wrote: »
    A H&M would be nice too.

Yeah. *hopes, dreams*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

simu wrote: »
    Yeah. *hopes, dreams*

AFAIK, H&M, Zara, TkMaxx and BT2 amongst others are going into that Cornmarket Square center?
    I can't remember if that's the name or not. The one being built by Paul St anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Yay!

I'd love an urban outfitters. Ridiculously overpriced but I love browsing there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey, walking through town this morning I saw a woman with a pull & bear bag that looked new... That got me thinking - is there a new pull & bear shop? I heard when it closed from roches that they were gonna be opening a shop on the main streets somewhere, has this happened?

Town could really do with pull & bear again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Yeah isnt it on Henry Street... ... edit in Dublin that is.. ooops

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Could someone please merge with this...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055163025

...and then delete it please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

dahamsta wrote: »
    Could someone please merge with this...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055163025

Yep.
    ...and then delete it please?

Nope.

;)

It was worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Some of the retailers mentioned above are not going into Cornmarket Street but are opening in Owen O'Callaghan's Academy Street scheme at the old Examiner offices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

I regularly spend time in Barcelona. It's a bit of an eye-opener to go into a Pull & Bear there - the Irish price in euros is on the tag along with the (detachable) Spanish one, and it's (surprise surprise) 25-35% more expensive. All a great source of amusement to my Spanish friends.

As per usual, we're being Royally Rogered.

BTW, Pull & Bear, Zara, Massimo Dutti, Bershka and Oysho are all part of Inditex, the Spanish clothing chain. The one good thing about them is that they only manufacture their stuff in factories with unions (ie, not in China AFAIK.)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I want Pull and Bear back! :( It's worse now because I live in Galway and they haven't got a Zara either. Probably a good thing, can't afford clothes on my student budget!

Jesus, would ye all stfu about Pull & Bear! It's a forking clothes shop ffs! Find another one.

turly wrote: »
    I regularly spend time in Barcelona. It's a bit of an eye-opener to go into a Pull & Bear there - the Irish price in euros is on the tag along with the (detachable) Spanish one, and it's (surprise surprise) 25-35% more expensive. All a great source of amusement to my Spanish friends.

As per usual, we're being Royally Rogered.

AFAIK that's to do with local tax & vat laws, nothing else... So our VAT is higher, hence it costing us (customer) more...

I think that's what it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

dulpit wrote: »
    AFAIK that's to do with local tax & vat laws, nothing else... So our VAT is higher, hence it costing us (customer) more...

I think that's what it is...

Stop the lights! :)

Spanish VAT is 17%. Irish VAT is 21%. Clothing and footwear are not exempt from VAT in Spain.

There may well be other impositions (duty?) that explains some of the difference but I think you'll find the main difference is that we in Ireland are prepared to pay more.

Oddly enough, however, Levis jeans are generally available in BCN only in high-end boutiques or special jeans stores, and they cost about 25% more than in Ireland. This is in a country where the majority of the under-30 population are milleuristas - they get paid a thousand euros a month.

Not just VAT turley, there's also stuff like corporation tax and all other sorts of taxes and stuff...

As i said, this is only something i heard, so i might actually be talking rubbish without realising it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Jesus, would ye all stfu about Pull & Bear! It's a forking clothes shop ffs! Find another one.

here here!
    anyway they sold scruffy clothes that looked second hand...or maybe that's the appeal to all these uber cool dudes these days, I'm just too old :D

• Advertisement

here here!

Where? Where?

I don't get overly excited about clothes shops or labels anymore. If it suits me I'll buy/wear it, if not I go to the next shiny purveyor of sweat shop chic, complete with overly loud music, and sales assistants of both genders sporting too much make up.

Sign of old age there Roundy.

I'm going to London in February to buy a whole new wardrobe, but that's just cos I look like a refugee in my current clothes. :)

EDIT: One of my purchases will be an off-the-rack Armani suit, so I guess I'm still a victim to a certain degree. It's primarily for my wedding though, does that excuse me?

adam

Sign of old age there Roundy.

It's marriage based apathy (you've it all ahead of you ;) ). OTOH, Mrs. Roundy buys all my stuff, and I'm not sure yet whether that's a good or a bad thing...
    I'm going to London in February to buy a whole new wardrobe, but that's just cos I look like a refugee in my current clothes. :)

EDIT: One of my purchases will be an off-the-rack Armani suit, so I guess I'm still a victim to a certain degree. It's primarily for my wedding though, does that excuse me?

I think it beats renting anyway, at least you'll get to wear it more than once.

Watch out for the UKP exchange rate though, that'll push up the prices fairly quickly.

It's marriage based apathy (you've it all ahead of you ;) ). OTOH, Mrs. Roundy buys all my stuff, and I'm not sure yet whether that's a good or a bad thing...
    That would be a bad thing Roundy.
    I think it beats renting anyway, at least you'll get to wear it more than once.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Watch out for the UKP exchange rate though, that'll push up the prices fairly quickly.
    Hadn't thought of that tbh, nice one. Must keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

What about New Look? Is there any New Look in Cork?

KittyKat wrote: »
    What about New Look? Is there any New Look in Cork?

New look is only for the women-folk in cork, right? They're in wilton i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

There's one in Mahon Point, Blackpool shopping centre and one in Douglas shopping centre too I'm sure. I have absolutely no idea why I know this. I never go to any shopping centres :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Yeah..how do you know that?! :D Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

Is there one in Mahon Point? Can't think of it. Theres one in Wilton too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

SMM wrote: »
    Is there one in Mahon Point? Can't think of it. Theres one in Wilton too.

Ya, I don't think there is one in Mahon Point. There's definitely one in Douglas, isn't there?

Advertisement