Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish philosophy or philosophy in Ireland?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Everyone,

I would like to learn from You about irish philosophy. By "irish" I don't mean off course "created in gaelic" or "created by irish author". Is there a concept, a thought, an idea that you could describe as irish because it is based on,
    or revolves around cultural values and historical circumstances that could be described as irish in particular?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

The world is the exact same,just a little diffrent here and there so more than likely will be something similar to yours i.e. as in all the diffrent variations of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

LukaszS wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I would like to learn from You about irish philosophy. By "irish" I don't mean off course "created in gaelic" or "created by irish author". Is there a concept, a thought, an idea that you could describe as irish because it is based on,
    or revolves around cultural values and historical circumstances that could be described as irish in particular?

One could argue that the active use of "slippage" is something that recurs in irish "philosophy", in the general sense. What I mean is something akin to a "playfulness" with concepts, words and literature which, formally, has more in common with what is often referred to here as "modern continental philosophy" than with our nearest neighbours traditions in Philosophy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement