Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

suspension

Options
  • 09-11-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Any idea why the rear of a '99 Vectra which had perfectly good shocks when it did the NCT in April might be jumping to the left pretty violently? There's also a co-inciding thump from the rear but i can't figure out which side. The old push tests seem to show that neither of the rear shocks are knackered outright.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I would suspect a knackered bushing / rod end rather than the shocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Most likely its the bottom strut bushing on one of the rear struts. Very common on the 96 - 03 Vectras!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

^^
    what he said. Very common failing on those cars (had one myself) better to get the whole lot changed, costly, but if one goes the rest are on the way out!

Advertisement