Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psychotherapy and the Department of Ed.

• 09-11-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi there,
    Can anybody tell me if the Department of education and science employ any Psychotherapists?????? I do know they have Psychologists but still wondering about Psychotherapists and Councelers??????
    Any Ideas??????
    Regards,
    Lou

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I think they probably do. When I was doing my leaving Cert back in '95, there was a school counsellor who had only commenced working there the previous year, and to the best of my knowledge she is still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Woop_01

I think they probably do. When I was doing my leaving Cert back in '95, there was a school counsellor who had only commenced working there the previous year, and to the best of my knowledge she is still there

No , sorry . But you should phone the NEPS and ask them about it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

I'm employed as a child psychotherapist with the department of Education, working in schools so, yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lou-cooney

DawnMc wrote: »
    I'm employed as a child psychotherapist with the department of Education, working in schools so, yeah!
    Thanks DawnMC, do you have a psychology degree though or just the psychotherapy? Do you work in a few schools or are you assigned to one? sorry for picking your brains!!!!!!
    Thanks again,
    lou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

No bother Lou, pick away!
    My degree is mostly psych, some english. Not an Arts degree but not strictly psych either! (complex, started doing applied psych but love English so wanted some English modules!) I then went on to do a H dip in Play Therapy with the University of York, am now doing my masters in it.
    I work in various different schools, Play Therapy is seen as the best form of psychotherapy treatment for children (Journal of Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry). Schools are mad looking for properly qualified PT's as they are few and far between. There are quite a few courses out there but only the University of York is recognised by the HSE and (as far as I know) the Dept. of Education.

Hope this helps?

• Advertisement
Advertisement