Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

craziest thing you ever did on a bicycle?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cycling out of the gate at home look down while changing gear and turned into the bumper of the car across the road. bike just stopped and I fell sideways. worst part was the neighbour watching it all. stupid rather than crazy

didn't do the forks any good and buckled the down tube but the bike was usable till it got run over by a bus , but that's a different story

crazy stuff would have been loads of descents of wicklow hills with paniers on that regularly hopped off, worst being coming down shay into glenmalure and a front panier hopped off but was still dragged along the ground by the strap

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The bro' had bought a silver Raleigh Strika with his communion money and I had been given his old bike, a blue Raleigh Ranger. A mate of mine already had a black Raleigh Strika. Obviously we needed to find out which colour Strika was the fastest. So we had a race, all on our respective bikes. My Ranger was featuring a broken front brake with the cable wrapped around the handle bar.

Half way down the road the cable got stuck in my front wheel and I was catapulted over the handle bars face first into a Mini parked on the side of the road. I was knocked out, broke my nose and a little finger and had to go into Temple St. I still remember being wheeled around the hospital in a wheelchair by my Dad and some woman asking, "Oh my god, what happened? Did he get knocked down by a car?" I looked like Quasimodo for weeks. The Ranger is long gone, but we still have the trusty Strika!

Advertisement