Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights stolen. Worth reporting?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Realised today that the lights had been stolen off my bike. Not sure when/where it happened. I had the bike in my building's underground carparking, which is publicly accessible, for five days. Took it out this morning and left it on the street for ten minutes. I hadn't checked for the lights when I took it out so they may well already have been gone by then. There is CCTV in the underground carpark. Is it worth reporting it to the Guards or will they just pat me on the head and send me on my way?

And yes, lesson learnt!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Is it worth reporting it to the Guards or will they just pat me on the head and send me on my way?
    Unfortunately they probably will. They treat it like "playground crime", stealing lunches or a football. Your lights might be worth €200 though, and if you said a wheel was stolen off your BMW in the same carpark worth €200 they would pay far more attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

You'd be doing well to get a pat out of them, I reckon.
    Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Realised today that the lights had been stolen off my bike. Not sure when/where it happened. I had the bike in my building's underground carparking, which is publicly accessible, for five days. Took it out this morning and left it on the street for ten minutes. I hadn't checked for the lights when I took it out so they may well already have been gone by then. There is CCTV in the underground carpark. Is it worth reporting it to the Guards or will they just pat me on the head and send me on my way?

And yes, lesson learnt!

Advertisement